𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄. do better

✵ . ˚ ✺ . ・ *。 ✧ ˚ . ⊹  ☽
⌈ 𝙶𝙾𝙳𝙳𝙴𝚂𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝚄𝙽𝚃 ⌋
TWENTY NINE  ——  do better

 ⊹  ☽        ⌈ 𝙶𝙾𝙳𝙳𝙴𝚂𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝚄𝙽𝚃 ⌋TWENTY NINE  ——  do better

FOR ONCE— LUCK HAD BEEN ON NOAH'S SIDE.

Her burns from the disastrous explosion were mostly superficial, Abby couldn't even count them as first degree. The mother had said if Noah had been a few seconds slower, death would've been knocking at her doorstep. Skin grafts would've been risky, the infection risk even worse, Noah would've been out of commission for months.

Instead, Noah was sentenced to bed rest. Wear loose clothing and keep her back covered, make sure she didn't attempt anything insane with her leg still achy— with a bad ankle, a poorly healed gunshot tear, and a gory bone marrow transplant dent, Noah's leg wasn't supposed to be carrying all the weight.

All Abby was worried about was Noah's head.

Among all the trauma and shock, Abby could've sworn Noah mumbled a name she'd hadn't heard in such a long time. She'd heard her mutter the name Indigo Greenwood.

As if he was in the room with them.

Abby remembered the name so vaguely, it was like hearing smelling the perfume of a lost loved one. Memories invading her mind of a teenage Noah in the MedBay with a concussion or a pulled muscle. And every day Noah was there, a boy would find himself at her bedside with a notepad full of what she'd missed. Earth skills and hunting notes, material that Abby never knew would be so useful. A tall boy covered in tattoos that Jake Griffin scowled at, like a protective father. But Abby looked past the looks, and noticed that Noah finally had someone her own age. Someone who didn't have to divide their attention, someone who gave their all to Noah.

And she remembered being the doctor for all the other Solo's Noah sparred with after Indigo's death.

It was a blast from the past, and she wondered how often Noah thought of him.

And now, Abby can't bring herself to ask Noah about any of it. Poor girl already has too much resting on her shoulders, Abby wouldn't be the one to pull out the pin holding her together at all.

Safely returned to Arkadia, Abby had helped her walk to the Chancellor's office for an important meeting after the attack on Mount Weather. Even with the intel that Commander Lexa had rightfully declared war on Ice Nation, including putting a death sentence on the queen of Azgeda to pay her debt of blood.

It had nearly started a war between all the clans. There had been an impeachment attempt on Lexa from all the ambassadors of the nations. The only one, making sure the decision wasn't unanimous— was Clarke. Besides for the obvious way Clarke cared for Lexa, Clarke knew that Arkadia needed Lexa in power in order to make any of this work.