𝟎𝟎𝟕

a few hours later

a few hours later...

The sound of children talking and laughing echoed in Zaira's ears as she and Dayvon walked towards the principal's office. Earlier she had gotten a call about True, they wouldn't tell her why over the phone so it was very concerning to her.

She had never gotten a call about her daughter the entire school year so when she was escorted into the office and asked to take a seat next to her crying child her anger went up a notch and so did Dayvon's. The difference between the two is that Zaira could kind of hide it whereas Dayvon could not.

"Hello." The principal spoke in a very smug tone, her eyes and focus on Zaira who was too busy trying to tend to her crying daughter.

"Fuck happened to my daughter?" Dayvon sat up in his seat, looking at her with a vicious glare. Her attention diverted away from Zaira as she gave him a shocked gasp.

"Baby.." Zaira gave him a warning look and he smacked his lips, grabbing True from Zaira. The principal cleared her throat as she adjusted herself in her chair, taking a long, slow and sarcastic swig of her freshly brewed hazelnut coffee.

"Your daughter..was being very disruptive in class today during a little altercation." She sat her black coffee cup down on the desk, a subtle smirk across her thin pink lips.

"Altercation!?" Zaira asked, shock all throughout her voice as she looked at the woman like she was crazy.

"It was physical, yes for no reason at all. Another child a little boy in her class...made a light hearted joke and True just took it a little too serious and hit him. Now, we don't have to into detail we can just leave it at a warning..." She explained, Zaira and Dayvon sharing a glance sensing bullshit the moment she opened her mouth.

"True what happened?" Zaira asked as she looked at her, True hugging around Von's neck tightly as her head rested on his shoulder, still sniffling softly.

"I just explained-"

"She can speak for herself." Zaira spoke louder and a little more aggressive as she shot the woman a glare. Dayvon smirked, noticing that she was definitely irritated and could crack this calm facade at any moment.

"Well I'm just saying it would be completely pointless. I told you what happened." The short and very thin old white woman said in response. Her tone just as sharp as Zaira's. Zaira looked at her quietly for a few seconds, her heart pounding in her chest as so many thoughts raced in her mind.

"True. What happened, tell me okay?" Dayvon spoke gently as he lifted her head up, True's frown deepening as she shook her head.

"I-I'm going to g-get in trouble." She cried some more, Dayvon's heart sinking at the sight of his baby so upset.

"Come on we can talk about it. Just me and you." He stood up and walked out of the office, going into the hallway. Zaira watched as he closed the door behind him before she heard a highly annoyed sigh coming from the principal.