𝟎𝟏𝟒

Zaira watched quietly as Dayvon examined the gash on his right eye in the bathroom mirror. True was seated on the counter criss cross applesauce watching as well. It had been 4 hours since Marcus beat his ass and he hadn't said a word to Zaira let alone looked in her direction.

Dayvon was ignoring her presence for a reason, knowing that if he even looked at her and seen a glimpse of Marcus in her features he would beat her ass. He knew that wasn't fair so he just continued to act like she didn't exist. But he was also pissed off for another reason. Dayvon believed Zaira let Marcus leave so he wouldn't retaliate and get his revenge because that was her father.

"Daddy..are you okay?" True crawled across the counter over to him, her tone laced with concern and sadness. He was pretty roughed up, his right eye black and continually bleeding, lip busted and cuts all over his face, neck and upper body from the rocks in the driveway.

"I'm fine baby." He mumbled as he turned the water on, splashing water over his face a few times before turning it off. Zaira sighed a little and walked out, she didn't know why but she was about to burst into tears at any second.

"Is she sad?" True whispered softly and Dayvon looked towards the bathroom door, Zaira's footsteps leaving the bedroom after she heard a knock at the door.

"Mhm..she the reason I look like this True. She did something bad. She let the man who did this leave and you know what that means True? You remember what I told you that night?" He picked her up off the counter, putting her down on her feet. She held his hand as they walked towards the bathroom door.

"Punishment?" She looked up at him speaking softly as he stared at her. Dayvon nodded before he turned the bathroom light off and walked over to the bed. He climbed in and so did True, Dayvon grabbing the tv remote and turning on a random Disney movie for the two to fall asleep too.

Zaira opened the front door to find Durk standing there on the porch. He looked up from his phone expecting Von but wasn't complaining when he seen Zaira instead. He finally had her alone and was able to talk to her one on one.

"Where Von? He was supposed to come over after y'all got back." He stepped in and closed the door after him as Zaira started to walk towards the couch. His eyes trailed over her body as he licked over his bottom lip before he looked away with a heavy sigh.

Zaira was on his mind bad after they had sex five years ago. He couldn't get it out of his mind, but it wasn't just the sex he liked her personality, her real one. The nice, caring and gentle Zaira not the murderous one.

"He's upstairs.. but I don't think he wants company or anything something happened so.." She mumbled and sat down pulling her leg under herself. Durk sat down beside her the tv screen illuminated the dark living room as Zaira turned it on.

"What happened?"

"My dad..beat him up pretty badly..." Zaira's voice trailed off as she sighed a little. Tears filled her eyes as a lump formed in her throat. She was so scared Dayvon would flip out and take it out on her. She didn't understand why he was ignoring her or mad at her, he heard Zaira screaming at Marcus to stop so it confused her.

Durk's eyes widened a bit in disbelief just as she was when she was watching it go down earlier.

"Von got his ass beat?" Durk whispered, looking towards the stairs just incase. Zaira nodded wiping a tear from her eye as he chuckled a little. His chuckle turned into a laugh as he imagined it in his head.

"It's not funny Durk..." Zaira sighed heavily as she pulled her knees into her chest and looked up at the tv. He stopped laughing and looked at her for a few seconds. She looked very tired, but so beautiful at the same time.