𝟎𝟏𝟎

"Are you okay?" Tasha asked Zaira as they cleaned up the kitchen together. After the situation with Dayvon, Zaira had to go get herself together emotionally before coming back down with everyone else.

They all had dinner together, thankfully it was drama free but everyone did share suspicious and concerned looks and glares at each other the whole time. Dayvon, Zaira and Marcus to be more specific.

"Yes ma'am I'm fine." She gave her a fake smile as she continued to wash the dishes. Tasha sighed a little, disappointed that Zaira was still giving her the same lies and excuses she did when she was 16.

"Melia..."

"I promise. For real this time, I really mean it." Zaira said quickly. She pulled the stopper up, letting the dirty water go down the drain as she washed her hands and dried them.

"I'm sorry it took so long for us to say something. But if he was caught then-"

"I understand. I know that he was just trying to make sure no one was looking for him." Tasha sighed softly, her mind racing with so many unanswered questions.

"What about you Zaira? What were you hiding from?" She asked as she walked towards the kitchen table.

"I um...I just wanted to start over." She stammered a bit, trying to think of what to say.

No one knew that she murdered her entire family, people assumed it was political and Zaira was kidnapped. At the time nobody believed someone like Zaira, a 16 year old spoiled little rich girl could murder her entire family with an axe. But she did, Zaira was still capable of a lot of violent things.

"I see its going well. True is so sweet and beautiful! You're a great lil mama." Tasha gushed, Zaira smiling big happy to hear she was doing something right. It actually made tears well up in her eyes, she was actually trying so hard.

"Thank you." She laughed, rolling her eyes at herself for crying. Tasha smiled big giving her a big hug.

"Of course baby. I'm about to get ready for bed, let me know if you need anything." She left a little kiss on her forehead before walking off.

Zaira sighed softly, walking into the living room, turning the kitchen light off on her way out. She noticed her father and True sitting on the couch, they had fallen asleep while watching Turning Red.

She grabbed the remote, turning the volume down when Marcus woke up.

"Sit.." he sat up some, True's head laying in his lap as she slept peacefully. Zaira sat down and he wrapped his arm around in a side hug, her head falling onto his shoulder.

"Why him Zaira? That Durk boy was a better option and I don't like him either. Hell I'd rather you be gay and-" Marcus got to ranting a frown forming across Zaira's face.

"Daddy..." Zaira sighed hard as she sat up straight.

"What? I'm serious, he's a wanted criminal Zaira. I don't want that type of man raising my grandchild. He broke out of prison and-"

"I did that..it was me. I broke him out of jail..it's the reason why I'm here now." She cut him off, confessing to what she did.

"There is no way in hell you-"

"Me, Durk, Booka and Lana. We came up with the plan so me and him could run away and start a new life. I promise, I still have the footage and everything from that night."

"I'm ashamed, I really am and if I'm being honest I would go back in time and not do it. You're right daddy he's not a good person.. but he's a good father." Zaira expressed, very truthfully meaning every word she said.