His name

We decided to call one student each. Adyasha chose all the students she was friends with. I had no issues because I didn't know anyone. I was supposed to call six students. Only two of them were boys, Vaishnav Tiwari and Aman Shah. Nah..I don't think he would be having any of these lame names. Maybe, Adyasha will call him. Since she knows almost all of them, she must be friends with him too.

Adyasha went first, inviting her boyfriend followed by the rest. Unfortunately none of them were him. I knew it. He can't have a lame name. He must either be Vaishnav or Aman. Analysing his features, I concluded his name to be Aman. Vaishnav sounds old school. His aura fits Aman. Also, Aditya has already told me that he's good at studies. I chose the right guy. No I didn't. I didn't choose anybody. I am just curious about his name. Shaina, we just want to know his name. Nothing more.

Pulling me out of my thoughts, Adyasha called for me. She was done with her part. "Okay, since he is Aman , let me call Vaishnav first.", I murmured to myself. I went to the stage and just called for Vaishnav. I am not going to use my precious vocabulary for just anyone. Aman deserves a good description. Vaishnav was a tall guy , wearing a similar suit as Aman but Aman looked better. He had a beard too. But Aman's was better. I gave him space on the stage but looked at Aman instead. He had a smirk on his face. Vaishnav was probably his friend. I realised, his features were not that sharp but they were captivating. His orbs were dark brown, common but beautiful. Slightly ridged cheekbones , eyebrows that didn't form an arc unlike mine and a pair of cute ears. Yes, his ears were cute.

I wasn't done checking out Aman when suddenly everyone started applauding. Oh, Vaishnav is done with his speech. And now, it's time for my Aman. " Let's welcome the last invitee who is known for being the most well behaved,an utterly sharp mind and a wisdom, unmatchable. Someone who's benevolent, intelligent and a great student...AMAN SHAH",I emphasized his name a bit. Because I was literally calling him. I decided to make an eye contact. He was applauding. I waited for him to get up from his seat. Instead,he looked back. And a screwdriver looking guy came to me and took the mic from my hand. I consider myself ugly, but he was uglier. His parents could have named him Ramesh or probably Suresh, or maybe Kantilal. Why Aman? Only Aman can have the name Aman. But he's not even Aman. Arghh!!! SHYAM PARIKH, YOUR SON IS DEAD. The actual Aman told something. I didn't even want to listen to him. I thanked him after he was done. Adyasha came back on stage and we ended the ceremony.

I wasn't feeling good. All that I asked for was his name." He's good at studies,looks fine as fuck and also behaves well...why don't these people recognise him then? Did they really have to neglect him.", I whispered. I saw my father waiting at the school gate and decided to leave. Aditya had already eaten my food and I had no intentions of staying back with those people. If they don't care about him, I won't care about them too. But why am I being this possesive for someone I don't even know the name of?
My mind is quite restless now. I probably need some rest. I sat in the passenger seat beside my dad and left.

Dad asked me a couple of questions on the way until we reached home. I straight up went to my room. I wanted to sleep. My heart was feeling heavy. I did not even want to change to comfortable clothes. I slept.