Winter

Shaina's POV1:

My dear Amit,

I miss you.

You have been in your college for three months now. Do you know what that means? We haven't met for three whole months. I miss you so much. You said you would come to see me often but you didn't. Or maybe you couldn't. College must be busy. Whatever it is, I am still happy that you take some time out to talk to me.

I love you.

I wrote the twelfth letter to Amit although I intend to send him none. 

Autumn is about to end and winter is on the way. Delhi's pollution makes it more difficult to survive the winters. This is the time of the year when we Delhites remain more careful due to the increase in accident frequency because of smog.

 Author's POV:

Although the room had started to heat up because of the sun's rays, it was still foggy outside.

Shaina was getting ready for school when she decided to call Amit to check on him. She picked up her phone which was kept for charging by the nightstand and dialed his number. His contact popped. "ShaMit", Sha from Shaina and Mit from Amit. She had changed her name to ShaMit on his phone too. A common nickname for both of them. She called him but there was no response from the other side. "Oh he must be sleeping.", she mumbled under her breath before calling him again. There was still no response. He wasn't picking up the call. She was a little disappointed since he had become a little careless with their relationship nowadays. He was a little clumsy while talking to her and that didn't go unnoticed by her. 

"I called you. But I guess you are sleeping. I will call you back after school.", she pressed the send button after typing the whole thing. She thought for a while before unsending the whole text and typed again, "I guess you are sleeping now. No worries. I will call you back after school.", a smile had started to form on her face as she was typing, "I love you.". She added a couple of heart emojis and sent him the text. A single tick appeared in the lower right corner of the text. She then put on her hoodie and left for school.

Shaina's performance had started to improve in academics. Although Amit had stopped teaching her for four months he was still guiding her. His seriousness about her academics hadn't changed a bit. He was still strict around her when it came to studies and career. He would sometimes call and ask her to listen to him rant about his college but then stop talking to her for the next few days so that she could study. He would turn a bit adamant at times but it was all for her sake.

Shaina's POV:

I and my group skipped Shyam Parikh sir's class today as well. We were sitting in Priyal Mam's class. She was teaching about the different terminologies used in literature. 

Adyasha was seated beside me while Aditya and Kinjal were at the desk behind us. 

"So, how lonely are you without Amit?", she asked out of the blue. "Huh?", I was astonished. "Amit..your boyfriend Amit Shekhawat.", she emphasized his name making me blush. "Umm. I am not lonely. He is in Delhi only, so I am not that far from him. ", I did not want her to know about Amit's behavior these days. 

"NO WAY YOU ARE DATING AMIT.", Aditya spoke from behind. He probably heard the whole conversation. I looked behind only to find his and Kinjal's eyes as big as a football field. "Shhh...Don't say this to anyone.", Adyasha hissed at them, "They are not official yet, just like you and Kinjal.". "Owh, who said we are dating?", Kinjal interrupted her. Her face was pink though. "Nice try but nothing's hidden.", I replied to her. She rolled her eyes and whispered something in Aditya's ears. "Yeah. I mean, yes we are dating but please keep it hidden. ", Aditya said. "You won't disclose mine and I won't disclose yours. Deal?", I stretched my hands forward. He shook my hands blinking twice. 

"Well, I don't mind you guys dating as long as you are happy Shaina. ", Adyasha whispered in my ear making sure no one heard us this time. I couldn't be more thankful to her. I mouthed a "Thank you" earning an assuring smile from her. 

Author's POV:

Shaina was back home after a long day at school. She closed her bedroom door and slid to the floor. She was on cloud nine since she did not have to choose between Adyasha and Amit anymore. She could have both of their company for the rest of her life. She was too happy to even move from her place. She just sat on the floor squeaking until she ran out of lung capacity. 

She slid herself more ultimately lying on the floor like a chalk outline. "Wait, I need to check on Amit.", she mumbled to herself while turning the data on. She was too excited to read his reply. But her expression changed from excited to straight face as soon as she opened his DM. There were no replies. Her text had been seen but there were no replies. She turned off and on the data a few times in case something was wrong with her phone, but nothing changed. He had not replied. 

She decided to call him instead. He did not pick up the first two times. She called him a third time giving a last try. He finally picked up. "Hello Amit", she was impatient. She was longing to hear him. He giggled from the other side. She smiled. "Don't please.", Amit replied. 

"Don't? What are you saying?"; Shaina spoke from this side.

"Oh, not you. It's Navya. She's trying to tickle me.", his giggles didn't seem to end.

"Who's Navya?", she questioned. A frown formed on the corner of her lips.

"Oh wait a minute, I will come back soon.", he said. 

She hung up on him, her mood changed completely. The phone rang again. Shamit, it read. She picked up again.

"I didn't ask you to wait dumbo. I told her to leave so that I could talk to you. Yeah say.", his voice had the aftereffect of a tickle. He was trying to adjust his voice and sound more serious. 

"Why didn't you pick up in the morning?", she avoided Navya's topic completely.

"Oh, that. I had gone for a walk with Navya and forgot my phone back in my room.", he replied. 

Shaina did not like the mention of Navya's name from his mouth. How dare she try to tickle her man? One could easily notice the rage on her face. 

"Okay fine. I have got some work. I will catch up on you tonight.", her voice was shivering this time. She was trying to stop her tears. 

"Okay.", Amit said before hanging up. His voice had no hesitation. Maybe he wasn't thinking the way Shaina was thinking. 

Shaina laid back on the ground. Her surroundings were gloomy now. The cloud nine she was on some time before had burst making her fall on the ground. Streams of tears started flowing down the corner of her eyes. She didn't blink, just kept on looking at the ceiling. 

"Did you forget me Amit?", she whispered in between her sobs.