Chapter 7

"How did you even find me?"

Neri was still suspended in the air, in a last effort to keep a bit of a distance to the creature in the water. She still remembered how she had been caught by the other during the ceremony, and had no illusions about her safety above the waves.

This being would be able to get to her, regardless if she was under or above the waves.

"Luck. I was only going this way, to see if the ice really hadn't returned yet. Wanted to practise a bit more, see how far I could fly before falling back in the ocean."

That's what she had been doing during the ceremony. It had just been an unlucky coincidence that they had collided.

"Hey, could you maybe help me? That would be awesome, I don't have that much control yet and no one else is willing to help me."

An unusual request, but before Neri could vehemently deny it he was pulled underwater by the creature.

'Come on, we have to create momentum. Well, I have to.'

The voice resounded in her mind as Neri was pulled away from the surface deeper into the depths of the ocean. This would surely end marvellously.

'Okay, so I go first. You follow me, and when we're above the waves you'll help me a bit.'

Again Neri was incapable of voicing her concerns before her companion was off to wherever she was going, with Neri in pursuit. She wasn't going to let the creature out of her sight.

They came closer to the surface at a speed Neri had not yet accomplished. Where she found the power to slow at that point was a mystery to her, but she did it.

The sight was worth it

The creature extended her arms, the fins that had formerly been hidden near her body in full view. Catching the flow of the water, making her accelerate more.

Moonlight caught her for one ethereal moment, before she was out of the water flying above the waves.

Belatedly Neri remembered her own job, and pushed her own body out of the ocean. Her wings dried within seconds. Carrying her to her companion, who was gliding barely a foot above the waves.

-

Author's note:

That was the end of Sora and Neri's journey. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it.