Chapter 13

I'm awaken by a light tapping on my shoulder

I'm awaken by a light tapping on my shoulder. I peel my eyes open to see Romeo leaning over me. I jolt upright in surprise. "Hey chill," he says, lifting his hands up in serenader. Alert, I look around to see that I'm not in the plane anymore, but a very comfortable bed in a large bedroom.

"Lorenzo wanted me to wake you up and tell you to freshen up, we're heading to the mall to take you shopping," he says nonchalantly. Shopping for me? I point to myself, seeking clarification. "Yes for you," Romeo snorts. "We'll get you furniture and decorations for your room," he said.

I look around. This room already has furniture. Noticing my confusion Romeo explains, "This is the guest room, we're just keeping your boxes in here until your room is ready," I nod in understanding, realising that this room was much too nice to be mine.

"Go shower, I'll wait," He pointed to the bathroom and pulled out his phone. I hop off the bed, ignoring the surge of pain coming from my stitching and grab some clothes out of my boxes.

I spent about five minutes trying to work the complicated shower. It had a touch screen with a menu containing light settings, temperature settings and a whole other list of things. 

In the orphanage the shower just had hot and cold. It didn't even matter which one you picked, it would always be cold.

I spend another ten minutes enjoying the hot water falling on my skin before climbing out the shower. The lack of food suddenly hits me as my vision blurs and I become unsteady. I grip the counter and wait until I regain my vision before getting dressed like nothing happened. 

I slip into my baggy jeans and cute pastel pink cardigan with flowers embroidered on it before pinning my hair up with my sage claw clip.

I reemerge into the room, "Finally," Romeo says playfully, hopping off the bed. "Let's go," he motions towards the door, telling me to go first.

We make our way through the massive hallway, expensive looking art adorns the walls in between the rows of doors. Each door has a name written on it in gold lettering, except the door that has my name on it which is in rose gold.

We walk down the huge grand stairs, leading to a large open space which Romeo referred to as the 'foyer' where Lorenzo, Arlo, Dante and Alonzo stood waiting, arguably my four scariest brothers.

"Alright bambina, the rest of the boys are napping and I have work to do so these lot will take you out," Lorenzo said pointing in their direction with a cheary smile. 

He suddenly became very serious, bending down to meet my eye level, "Arlo's in charge, I expect you to remain with one of your brothers at all times, no wondering off okay?" I immediately nod in understanding. 

"Good," he said, kissing my forehead before straightening back to his full height. "It's 12pm now so I expect you to be back before 6pm in time for dinner," he ordered, looking at the boys who all nod. "Oh and get some lunch!" he called out as we file into the garage.

As we stand in the garage Arlo softly nudges my shoulder. "So what car do you want to take?" He says, admiring the tens of cars all neatly lined up. I think for a minute, I don't know anything about cars and there must be thirty here to choose from. 

I point to a random car, hoping he doesn't notice that I'm clueless. "Ah the Ferrari FF, good choice," he says, winking at me. With me, Romeo and Alonzo securely in the back and Dante in the passenger seat, Arlo exits the Garage.

As we make our way down the drive I take the opportunity to check out my surroundings. The house is huge and elegant with beautiful flowers and perfectly trimmed shrubs lining the property. There's nothing in sight except for miles of bright green grass and the house is hidden behind large trees in every direction. 

The car comes to a holt in front of a large, golden gate. I look out the window and see the whole property is incased in this large fence, tall enough for nobody to climb. 

Wow how rich are these people? 

Arlo rolls down the window and nods at a man who is sitting in a booth filled with tv screens showing cctv of the whole property. The man immediately presses a button and opens the gate and we go speeding down the road.