Chapter 35

It's been three weeks since me and Santiago's one night stand and things have been awkward to say the least

We ended up falling asleep on that balcony and returning home the next morning. Spoiler alert, Lorenzo did notice I was gone and didn't forget my birthday.

I had to watch them all angrily take down the decorations and take away my presents as punishment but they ended up giving them back by the end of the night.

Santiago's been making an effort to talk to me but I've been avoiding him, I don't know what that drunken night meant to him but to me it was a mistake.

I'm not capable of maintaining a relationship, I'd only mess with his head and eventually break his heart.

Other than that, things have been going pretty well over the past week.

I'm on good terms with Luca and Romeo. It's hard to not like Luca when he tries so hard to be there for me and I couldn't stay mad at Romeo after I found out he had been looking after Bear all this time.

I thought they would of gotten rid of him but he's here, just a lot more chubby than when I left him.

Being here has made me realise what an unhealthy headspace I was in before. I would wake up, go to work to do something I hated, return home and repeat. I didn't have a life or anyone who actually cared about my well being.

I've been trying to better myself. I've even started painting again, sure the concepts I paint are no longer sunshine and rainbows but it's a start.

I feel myself reverting more towards Darcy's old ways which I need to prevent. I don't want to be her again, weak and relying on everyone around me to protect me. 

Today I'm going out on a mission, I want to feel more like Sin than Darcy. 

I had to sneak into Lorenzo's office and pull out a case file because I know he'd never willingly put me on one.

We haven't exactly been seeing eye to eye lately. He thinks he can control me, I disagree.

He always has the same argument 'you're seventeen, it's my responsibility to look after you'. He doesn't understand that it's unnecessary, if I can handle six years in that dungeon by myself, I can handle anything.

We had an huge argument yesterday, where I gave him an ultimatum. I would either come and go as I please or I would leave completely and he never sees me again. I felt bad when I saw the worried look on his face when he obviously ended up agreeing but I reassured him that I would never put myself in danger.

Now as I walk through the hallway in my all black outfit with my duffle filled with assault weapons and grenades, I'm thinking I may have broken that promise.

"Where are you going?" A voice behind me makes me jump. I turn around and see Santiago who's only wearing pyjama bottoms that hang loosely off his hips, revealing his numerous tattoos.