Chapter 33

"What the fuck is going on in here?" I demand

They all look back at me sheepishly, none of them daring to speak.

"Well?" I ask, now making my way over to Darcy who's making me nervous with her swaying. I grab hold of her, affectively stabilising her as the harsh scent of liquor wafts off her and floods my nose.

"She was already drunk when we came in here," Nico justifies. "And what? You thought it would be a good idea to have a little party with my underage kid while you're supposed to be at work," I rant.

I feel the anger that was bubbling dissipate and become replaced with concern as Darcy starts groaning. "I think I'm gonna be sick," She mumbles, clutching her stomach.

I pick her up and swiftly exit the room, death staring the four incompetant imbeciles as I do so. 

I place Darcy on her bed and head towards her bathroom, grabbing a damp flannel. I return and begin soothingly patting her face with it while I sit down next to her.

She yawns and looks up at me with those big doe eyes. "I hate you," She mumbles.

"I know," I reply quietly. I know she doesn't want to be anywhere near me but she's letting me take care of her which is progress at least. 

"I'll spend everyday of the rest of my life trying to get you to forgive me if that's what it takes," I promise her, brushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear. 

Now that I'm getting a closer look at her I can see how utterly exhausted she looks, mentally and physically. I want nothing more than to just understand how she's feeling so I can help her but it's not that simple, she doesn't trust me at all right now.

"Get some sleep," I say when I notice her yawn.

"I can't," She mutters. "Why not?" I question, hoping her drunkenness will cause her to be a little more honest. 

"I can't," She repeats. I sigh and tuck her in, just like I did all them years ago. "Try." I order before kissing her forehead. I begin getting up but her small hand grasps mine, "Can you just stay here," She mumbles "Just for a minute."

Desperate to spend as much time around her as possible, I oblige. 

I sit with her for twenty minutes, stroking her hair until she eventually closed her eyes. Not only until I was one hundred percent sure she was asleep did I head out, ready to yell at those four idiots.