Who are you? (2kim)

Chaewon's Pov

Just a few feet from my face was a blade with a sharp, pointed edge. The eyes of this stunning woman who is aiming a blade at me are just as piercing as the blade itself.

"Who are you and how dare you intrude on someone else's life?!"

I can't help but sigh as I try to conceal my mounting dread.

"Why are you uttering such nonsense?"

I don't even know how I got to this situation where I'm in imminent risk of dying.

A WEEK AGO

On that particular afternoon, as I was making my way home, four men in suits stepped out of a black limousine and started to approach me.

The idea that they would kidnap me and use my organs for sale or something similar did give me a little anxiety.

As I was getting ready and waited for them to attack, an elderly man wearing a monocle also came close and was about to touch my face.

I backed away from him quickly and was going to defend myself by punching him when I felt something pierce my neck.

My vision started to blur, and I fainted.

_
_
_

I woke up in an unusual space that was quite bright and pastel with graphics that strongly appeared mint.

Am I in a child's room or something?

I got up and circled the room to find the exit, brushing off the slight disorientation I had experienced.

The door's frame hit my forehead just as I was ready to open it, causing me to hiss in pain.

"Oh no, I apologise terribly, sweetie."

Hearing the anonymous, deep voice of an elderly man, I shuddered a little and swiftly turned to face him.

"Are you alright?"

Does he really intend to ask me in such a dumb way?

"W-what are you-"

He asked with those amused and eager eyes, "What is your name, young lady? You really look like someone I know."

Does this grandpa have loose screws or I-

I asked, "Excuse me, sir. What do you need from me, and why am I even here?" while roving my eyes.

"Could you have us sit down first and discuss that at a later time, young mistress?"

Just how many endearments has this old man called me since earlier?

Having been left with no other choice but to comply, I followed him and sat across from him.

"Before we start off on the wrong foot, I wanted to apologise for bringing you here and assure you that we have no malice towards you."

A deft choice of words coming from someone who had just given me an injection to my neck and rendered me unconscious.

"Sir, once more, what do you want from me that you went to the trouble of kidnapping me?"

He simply sighed and said, "We have been eyeing you for weeks now and we sincerely apologise for breaching your privacy there, but you just happened to resemble exactly someone we know."

"Pardon me, but I believe it was so unreasonable to kidnap me just because I look like the person you are mistaken about me for,"

Dude, what do those things have to do with me?

"I know, you can also call me desperate given that I have an offer to make to you,"

"Pardon?"

"Young mistress Michelle passed away in a tragic plane crash just a month ago, and none of the elders know about it except for us and her aunt and cousin."

"..."

"I assume you've heard of arranged marriage, haven't you?" He asked. "She was meant to attend a meeting with the heiress of the Kim family, who was also said to be her fiancée this Saturday night."

"Yeah, but can you just get to the offer you've mentioned, or are you really going to tell me her entire life diary?"

He thinks I resemble the person he's talking about, so I don't want to offend him or come out as unpleasant, but I'm not really that interested in that person.

And how's that my concern?

In addition to wishing to leave this place and return home, I still have work the following day.