Chapter 1 - Mirage

When I first came across her profile on shaadi.com, I was awestruck. Her pictures were locked, but I was already in love with her when I finished reading her bio. She was a liberal person, an independent woman & a feminist who completely believed in herself, her dreams & her freedom, I instantly expressed my interest in her profile & when I got access to her pictures, I was in love again.

She was the most gorgeous girls I had ever came across. A pretty face, , long silky black hair, beautiful eyes with a light shade of blue, luscious pink lips, an hourglass figure that fit her salwar kurti so well, you could see each & every curve of her heavenly body clearly.. Bust that could make anyone drool.. milky fair porcelain skin that was so transparent, you could see veins beneath the skin, & a smile that could give even a dying person a reason to live!

When she accepted my interest, I couldn't believe my luck. We decided to meet at a cafe after some small talk. I was already so awestruck with her thinking & beauty, that I didn't even feel the need to meet her.. but it was important to know her wishes & expectations as well.

So we met at a cafe. I ordered a coffee & waited patiently. Shortly after, I saw her enter the cafe, & all eyes including mine, turned to look at her. She was wearing a purple tight T shirt & very short hotpants. With her hair frizzy from shower, she looked like a delicate fresh flower drenched in rain. Her slender milky spotless legs grabbed everyone's attention too. She looked at me from distance & came walking towards me.

"Nikhil?'
"Yes"
"Meghna."

She shook hands with me. I shivered at the touch of her soft small hand. She sat in the chair & ordered a coffee while I kept staring at her. Later, we started talking. Most of it continued to be small talk, yet I could sense little bit of discomfort in the way she talked. She hadn't even smiled properly since the time we shook hands. I could sense something was wrong, but I didn't know what. I assumed probably she was disappointed to see me,, which was surprising, because I looked no different from my profile picture, which was even worse. I still prepared myself to be rejected & told myself that I wouldn't see her again, but I was wrong.

That night, i texted her that I had liked her genuinely & I was interested in taking things ahead. She told me she was still thinking about it & needed more time, So I decided to wait. Meanwhile I had added her on facebook, instagram & I went through her posts, status updates, pictures, only to keep falling deeper in love with her thinking, her ideologies & the way she lived her life to the fullest. She was a perfect match for me in every aspect.

A few days later, she accepted my proposal & somehow suddenly her family took over the whole conversation. Both of us wanted a very simple wedding at court. So there were not much preparations to be done. I used to text her often, but somehow her replies were quite robotic, It did trouble me for couple of days, but since I knew she had agreed for wedding herself, & this was an arranged marriage setup, I was ready to give her time to adjust. Besides from her posts & writing I knew she was the right person for me,, so I had no doubts.

Finally the D day arrived & I was very excited. I was going to marry such a fierce, gorgeous independent woman. On the wedding day though, she arrived very late & she looked tired. We finally signed the papers & we were married!

Soon it was evening & despite of my warnings, my friends decorated my room with a typical first night floral decorations. Meghna looked tired most of the day, smiled rarely. It was understandable. I just wanted her to get rest, so I had an early dinner with everyone. She went in the bedroom & I went in after a while.

She was still dressed in the magenta saree she had worn for thee wedding. She sat on the bed quietly & slightly uncomfortably.

"Meghna.. I'm sorry I didn't notice earlier but, why are you still dressed in a saree?"

She looked up quite abruptly & looked confused. I realised my mistake.

"Damn.. I'm so sorry. That came out wrong. Why haven't you changed into something comfortable? You must have been tired all day.."

"Umm.. yes I was about to change." - she spoke in a dull tone & stared at her hands.

I sensed her situation.

"Cool. I'll go have shower. You can change till then. Make yourself comfortable."

She shook her head. I went to shower. I was wondering what was wrong with her. She clearly seemed to be upset or probably homesick. I was really feeling bad for her. I decided to give her space completely & let her take her own time to adjust to new environment. I came out of shower & saw her sitting on bed again. She was now wearing a T shirt & a loose pajama. I sat next to her on bed & asked her if she was comfortable. She shook her head again.

"Look Meghna, I understand it may take long time for you to adjust, & I wish there was a way you could still live at your home for a few days. I wouldn't have minded that. But there were too many rituals & obligations to follow.. I assumed it would tire you out again to travel back to your home."

For the first time in whole day, she smiled slightly wider & said, "I'm fine Nikhil. Just a bit homesick. Don't worry.."

"I'm glad. You know I don't believe in the silly forced rituals that a marriage system makes a couple go through. You can take as much time & space as you want. If there's anything that troubles you, please let me know. Don't hesitate." - I said. She just smiled back with gratitude, & I felt relieved.

"Thanks Nikhil."

"You're welcome. So, are you sleepy? Would you like to talk for a while? If not I'll probably read a book. I' don't sleep this early."

"I think I'll sleep. I'm quite tired."

"Sure."

I sat in my study chair & started reading my book & watched her prepare for sleep from corner of my eye. She slept facing other side of room & I resumed reading. Although for couple of hours I could see & sense that she was awake, thinking about something. I didn't know what it was that was troubling her, but I loved her deeply & wanted to do everything possible to make her happy.

As usual, I woke up early in morning. Meghna was still asleep. I turned around to look at her & I witnessed a beautiful sight. She was facing my side of bed now, & sleeping peacefully. She slept like a baby & looked like an angel. She breathed slowly & her firm bosom heaved. I could see her beautiful fair velvet-like face.. her slender neck. Her shirt had moved from it's original place, revealing her milky fair waist & soft belly.. Her pajama too had moved a little & I could see a pink strap of her lacy underwear. I got instant hard-on looking at her sleeping like that.. I won't deny. After all she was my wife & I loved her deeply. No matter how badly I wanted her to be happy & comfortable, I also wanted badly to express my love, & make love to her. I felt an urge to kiss her, but I resisted. Instead I went for shower & jerked off thinking about making sweet love to her.

I came out, prepared some tea & brought it for her. She was just waking up. She was surprised to see me bring in tea & I could see a slight smile again.

"Thanks for the tea. I couldn't sleep early".

"I saw that.. but you needed rest. It's alright."

"Yup."

"Meghna, I would have told you in advance, but my family kept it a secret & surprise. They have booked us a honeymoon in bali.. and we have to leave tomorrow."