Nine.

Y/N groaned as a notification lit up her phone. It was from Katie, asking if she wanted to hang out. Y/N sent a quick reply, agreeing to meet at the park this afternoon. The girl slowly climbed out of bed and dragged herself to the shower. Her neck was quite sore from sleeping on the couch, because as expected, an armrest doesn't exactly have the best support. When the warm water hit her neck, the tense muscles slowly started to relax. It felt nice.

After her shower, Y/n quickly got ready and picked a casual outfit to wear. She was just about to leave when she remembered that Hailee was still asleep. It was almost time for Katie and Y/N to meet up, but Y/N couldn't just leave Hailee. She should at least make her some breakfast. Hesitantly, Y/N cracked two eggs and briefly mixed the yolk with the whites. She heated up a pan and got some ingredients. The eggs were added first, then the ingredients as Y/N simultaneously prepared a glass of ice water and a note. Hey, I'm meeting up with a friend today. Got you some water and there's an omelette on the counter. -Y/N.

She wrote the note in a rush but as soon as she finished making and plating the omelette, she left her apartment and walked to the park. There, Katie was waiting on a bench and scrolling on her phone. Y/N took a seat next to her.

"Y'know, you know you're a stupid person when you leave a hungover celebrity in your bed, about to wake up at any moment, alone after a party," Y/N sighed as she leaned back on the park's bench. Katie let out a chuckle as she put her phone down.

"I'm guessing, you're that person, huh?" Katie replied with a smile

"What? Pfft, no. I'm a totally responsible and collected adult. That sounds nothing like me," Y/N replied as seriously as possible. After a few seconds, she couldn't help but let out a chuckle. Katie joined in as she playfully hit Y/N in the shoulder.

"It was big, scary, Hollywood star Hailee Steinfeld, I'm assuming?" Katie asked jokingly.

"What? How'd you know?" Y/N replied confused.

"Dude, I saw you. She was leaning on you like a cliff was on her other side," Katie expressed as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "You guys could be spotted from a mile away with Steinfeld's whining. 'Oh, Y/N, why didn't you drink? Oh, Y/N, live a little! I'm still sober, even though I drank a toilet bowl's worth of wine!' Like, seriously! How could I not know?" Guessing from Katie's explanation, it was the most obvious thing in the world. Y/N groaned.

"My god, your impression of Hailee isn't even that good. It's so bad, that it honestly can't be her. You must be talking about your experience and your wasted friend," Y/N replied while tilting her head back and laughing.

"Whatever! You get my point," Katie claimed as she leaned on Y/N's shoulder. The two made eye contact and started grinning as another fit of laughter was coming up. Suddenly, they both saw a light flash and a camera shutter noise. Katie quickly lifted her head from Y/N's shoulder and looked around.

"Shit. That was the paps," Katie said softly.

"The paparazzi?" Y/N questioned. "I'm not even that big a singer. Why would they take a picture of us?"

"Well celebrity drama is pretty dry right now. It's the same old shit, two girls fighting over a man, some edgy breakup song that has teens fawning, nothing exciting," Katie said. Y/N let out a small hum of understanding.

"But then again, we're really not that well known," Y/N replied.

"Well, I did have a TV series that just ended a few months back," Katie replied hesitantly.

"What?!" Y/N exclaimed quickly. "And you didn't tell me you were an actor?!"

"Shh, quite down!" Katie laughed. "Yes, I'm an actor. In L.A, you're either in the music business, film making business, or homeless. Plus, you just got a new hit, and may I remind you, as an independent artist. You're kind of a big deal right now."

"Oh stop. You flatter me," Y/N said with a slight chuckle.

"Yeah, yeah, you're amazingly talented, but aside from that, we should probably get out of here. Wanna hang out at my place for a bit?"

Y/N thought about it for a moment, and eventually replied, "Sure, but not for long. I should get back to Hailee."

"Oh, of course. I'd hate to be stealing the princess's knight in shining armor away from her," Katie smiled mischievously.

Y/N very visibly started blushing as she looked away.

"Dude, no way," Katie began, shocked. "You actually have feelings for Hailee? I was just making a joke, but really?"

"Ahaha, we should head over to your place," Y/N quickly replied as she got up and walked away from the bench.
"Parking lot's that way!" Katie yelled while pointing in the opposite direction that Y/N was walking.

"Right!" Y/N yelled back as she turned back around, face still red. Katie laughed at her friend and followed after.

___

After Y/N left Katie's apartment, she got a cab back to her own. She hoped Hailee was okay after Y/N was gone for so long. While buzzing into her apartment, she noticed Hailee still in bed, but on her phone.

"Hi, Hailee," Y/N said as she hung up her keys.

"Hi," Hailee replied tiredly. Y/N could tell Hailee was extremely hungover.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry for leaving you. I shouldn't have done that," Y/N apologized as she sat at the foot on the bed.

"No, no, it's ok. You shouldn't have to stay home all day just because of me," Hailee said while sitting up. Y/N gave her a thankful smile which Hailee tiredly returned.

"You can shower, if you want. I'll lend you some spare clothes. You're still in the same ones as last night," Y/N said as she pulled Hailee out of bed.

"Yeah, I'd like that," Hailee replied as Y/N brought her to the bathroom. She got a towel and a set of comfy clothes for Hailee to wear. Hailee replied with a short thank you and closed the bathroom door.

Y/N decided that since it was so close to lunch time that she should order a meal for the two of them. There weren't many good options nearby, so she just decided to get In and Out. She placed a quick order and went to go pick it up.

A/N- OK GUYS, I KNOW THAT I AM SUPER INACTIVE BUT I AM POSTING A NEW CHAPTER FOR THE FIRST TIME IN LESS THAN A MONTH. I SEE THAT AS AN ABSOLUTE WIN BECAUSE TO TOOK ME MANY MONTHS TO GET LAST CHAPTER OUT