Ten.

When the food got here, Hailee and Y/N sat down to eat.

"Thanks for the food," Hailee said as she unwrapped her burger.

"Of course. It's nothing," Y/N replied while licking a bit of ketchup from her thumb. "Would you want me to drive you home or do you wanna hang out or something? I'm literally free all day."

"Ooo, yeah, we could hang out. I actually have an idea of what we could do," Hailee said as she ate a few fries.

The two continued to talk as they finished up their meals. They washed their hands and sat on Y/N's couch as Hailee began to explain the game.

"So basically we randomly generate a category, word, or artist. We have to go back and forth naming songs about that category, with that word, or songs by that artist. Whoever can't think of a song first loses. It's really fun, I play it with some of my other friends," Hailee said. Y/N nodded, processing all of the things Hailee just said.

"Ok, sounds cool," Y/N said as Hailee brought up that generator for that game. She clicked generate and waited for a word, category, or artist to come up.

"Ok, so it's a category and it is...love songs? Oh, come on, this is gonna take forever," Hailee groaned as she read off the screen. Y/N laughed at her reaction.

"Ok, I'll go first," Y/N said. "I Wanna Be Yours, Arctic Monkeys."

"Ooh, good one. Umm, Lover by Taylor Swift," Hailee said.

The two continued to play the game and do other things until they started to get tired.

"It's 8 o'clock now. I can drive you home, if you want, " Y/N said as she got up from the couch and grabbed a glass of water.

"That would be great, thanks," Hailee replied as she followed Y/N to her car. Hailee put her address into the GPS.

They stayed in the car in silence for a while as Y/N focused on the road. The radio played softly in the background, but other than that, there was hardly and conversation.

"Is there anyone special in your life?" Y/N asked out of nowhere. She internally slapped herself for asking such a dumb question.

"W-what?" Hailee replied, shocked by her sudden question.

Y/N shrugged. "I mean like, date, boyfriend, crush. Y'know. Someone you like, or love, even." She said this surprisingly calmly. In reality, she was second guessing everything she said, but it all just came out naturally.

"N-no, not right now. You?" Hailee said as she looked out the window. Y/N did regret asking the question, but Hailee was acting weird. Like she wasn't telling Y/N the truth.

Now, when it came to Y/N's question, she didn't know whether to lie or tell the truth. She decided if she was vague about it, it was ok to tell the truth.

"Yeah," She said. "I do."

Suddenly, Hailee jerked her head around and stared at her for a moment.

Y/N laughed at Hailee's reaction. "What? Am I not allowed to have a crush?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" Hailee said surprised.

Y/N laughed again. "Never came up."

"Who is it? Do I know them?" Hailee asked eagerly and with a smile on her face.

"What? How would you possibly know anybody I'm close with?" Y/N replied

"I don't know, but you're avoiding the question! Who is it?" Hailee asked again.

"Uhhh, me," Y/N said sarcastically.

"No! Seriously!" Hailee said with her smile growing. Y/N couldn't help but share Hailee's extremely contagious smile.

"It doesn't matter. I don't have a chance with her, anyway," Y/N said with her smile dropping a little.

"Oh, c'mon. That's no way to think. you miss 100% of the chance you don't take," Hailee said happily.

"Hmm, I guess you're right. Still not telling for a while though," Y/N chuckled.The conversation did hurt her, but she pushed it to the back of her head and just smiled for Hailee. "Alright, this is your place. Bye, see you soon." Y/N waved at Hailee as she exited the car.
"Bye," Hailee replied as she walked up to her house

__

A month later, Y/N was getting ready to fly over to New York for her opening performance. She was on her way to the airport and Amelia was driving her.

"How is this even possible, you are performing at your first concert!" Amelia exclaimed . "I'm so proud, I wish I could come. You have to send me some pictures. This is insane, no beyond insane. I'm just really excited for you."

Y/N laughed at Amelia's words. "I think you're more excited than me. This is so nerve wracking, you don't even know," Y/N said as they pulled up to her terminal. Amelia helped Y/N get her luggage out of the trunk. As Y/N was about to go to the terminal, the girls hugged goodbye.

Y/N went through security and eventually got to her gate. It was a morning flight and Y/N felt tired, but she was glad she could sleep on the plane. The boarding went smoothly and she got to her seat, a window seat. Almost immediately, she fell asleep.

She woke up to the plane landing. While waiting for the plane to fully stop, she packed all of her carry-on items. She got off the plane with ease and caught an Uber to her hotel. The ride was short and as soon as Y/N checked in, she took a shower, changed, and got ready for bed. Before sleeping, she decided to take a quick selfie for her story.Ready for NYC with @reibrown!! Was what she put as the caption.

The next morning, she woke up and walked around the city for a bit. She found Manhattan nice. It was a little bland but the shops were cute. One of the shops caught her eye in particular, and she decided to look for last minute outfit accessories. There was this really cute pearl necklace that would look good with her outfit, so she bought it.
___

The night of the concert, Y/N got dressed in her outfit and took an Uber to the concert venue. It was a bar, and the concert started in about 30 minutes.

"Hey, I'm Y/N," Y/N said as she greeted Rei backstage.

"Hi, Rei. Nice to meet you," Rei replied while shaking her hand.

"This is really such a pleasure. So surreal, thank you so much," Y/N said while smiling.

"Of course, it's really great that you agreed," Rei said nonchalantly.

The rest of the time, they did mic tests until the concert. The room was filled with people as Y/N got on stage. It was a small concert, only about 150 people. Regardless, she still felt happy about the opportunity. The crowd cheered as Y/N smiled and walked up to the mic.

"Hey, everybody. I hope you're having a good night," The crowd erupted in applause as Y/N's face broke out into a smile. "It's truly amazing to be opening for Rei Brown. His music is great, and I couldn't be more thankful. My first song that I will be performing is called Slow Dancing in the Dark. Hope you guys enjoy."

A few seconds passed before the instrumentals started to play.

"I don't want a friend (just me)
I want my life in two (my life in two)
Just one more night
Waiting to get there
Waiting for you (all night)
I'm done fighting all night (waiting for you)

When I'm around slow dancing in the dark,
Don't follow me, you'll end up in my arms.
You have made up your mind.
I don't need more signs

Can you?
Can you?"

At this point, most of the crowd was cheering and singing along loudly. When she got to the chorus, almost everybody started screaming or singing the lyrics.

"Give me reasons we should be complete
You should be with him, I can't compete
You looked at me like I was someone else, oh well
Can't you see?
Can't you see New York?" She decided to add that part during a rest while she screamed the rest of the song.

"I don't wanna slow dance.
In the dark, dark,

When you gotta run
Just hear my voice in you
Shutting me out of you
Doing so great

You used to be the one (used to be the one)
To hold you when you fall
Yeah, yeah, yeah (when you fall, when you fall)
I don't fuck with your tone (I don't fuck with your tone)
I don't wanna go home (I don't wanna go home)
Can it be one night?

Can you?
Can you?

Give me reasons we should be complete.
You should be with him, I can't compete.
You looked at me like I was someone else, oh well
Can't you see?
I don't wanna slow dance.
In the dark, dark
In the dark, dark."

By the end of the performance, Y/N was smiling and slightly panting.

"This next song is called Attention, and it'll be released tomorrow at 12 AM EST on all streaming platforms. Be sure to check it out!" Y/N said and started to sing again. She went through some of her other songs before finishing.

"Once again, thank you for having me, New York. And this is Rei Brown!" Y/N exclaimed happily as Rei walked on stage.

A/N- i hate how many time skips there are in this chapter but i have SUCH bad writers block