Chapter 5

Han´s body feels ten times heavier. After his introduction with Cale Henituse, he has been stopped numerous times by servants. They all seemed apologetic, Hans remains unaware of the reason. The servants helped him get his tasks done, while throwing worried glances his way. Their eyes burning into Hans' soul is annoying. Though, Hans decides he would look past it just this once as they help him with his duties that Ron ordered to be completed before Cale returns. The list is taller than Hans.

That old man is going to work him to the bone. Hans shivers at the thought. His dream of living peacefully in the future is going to slip through his fingers at this rate.

"Hans!" An arm is slung around Hans' shoulders.

June.

"How was your meeting with the young master?" June asked, although he already knew. A tearful maid recounted the meeting between the two. As expected of the trashy young master. But to dismiss Hans like that? It makes June grit his teeth. On the bright side, no bottles were thrown.

"Good."

June frowned at the short answer, it didn't match what he heard. Hans seems distracted. Did the young master's actions affect Hans more than he thought? Then again, Hans was never one to talk bad about any of the Henituse members despite what he felt. He never participated in gossiping with the rest of the staff but he never stopped them either.

June stares intently at Hans' face, ready to pick apart the slightest change. It's a good thing he does because if he didn't, he would've missed the hesitation Hans' wore.

"In an hour, use my window to come to my room." Hans told June before he walked away, off to finish his tasks Ron assigned. Unaware he left behind a flustered June who misunderstood his words.

——

Hans is in a tough spot right now. It's the 29th day of the 3rd month in the 781st year of the Felix Calendar. Yesterday, assassins had attacked Harris Village and murdered the whole village. The protagonist of 'The Birth of a Hero', Choi Han has just experienced losing his family a second time.

Choi Han will arrive soon in order to report the incident to Count Henituse. He happens to run into Cale, who insults Harris Village and in turn gets pummeled by the grief-stricken protagonist. This show of strength wins over Beacrox.

When Choi Han is finished with his business in the County, he will leave with two additions to his hero party, Beacrox and Ron. And a bedridden Cale.

Hans wants to stop Cale Henituse and Choi Hans from ever meeting.

If Cale Henituse meets Choi Han and angers him, it's going to be Hans handling the aftermath of a pissed off protagonist. Hans does not want to be anywhere near the protagonist who will play a big part of troublesome things. Especially when he's been provoked, as Kim Rok Soo, he has read what that man is capable of! Hans wants to live a peaceful life!

However, he needed Choi Han to run into Ron and Beacrox so they can leave together. Hans will make sure they cross paths and then dip.

It would be best to make a good first impression on the protagonist and he can't trust Cale to do it himself. It looks like he'll have to accompany the young master.

Hans should really get a raise. He's protecting the young master from a vicious person.

A series of knocks breaks Hans away from his thoughts. June has arrived.

When Hans opens the window, he is briefly surprised by the floral scent surrounding the man with brown hair. He dismisses it easily.

"Please be gentle this is my first time—"