Chapter 3 - Boy

My eyes flutter open, with a bright blue light taking up my eyesight. The sound of thunder occurs around me. My body feels like it's floating until I hit the ground hard. My head is spinning, to the point where I vomit on the floor. Groaning, I stumble standing up and look around at my surroundings.

What the fuck?

I was laying on my front in front of police officer now I'm surrounded by burning buildings, broken windows. Greenery is everywhere.

Panic sets in as I question where I am, "Hello?!" I scream, taking a step forward against the broken path.

There was not a human in sight, nor any animals.

I was alone. All by myself.

A tear rolls down my cheek.

It starts to get dark, I'm not sure what the time of day was, it was getting chilly as I shivered with my arms around myself huddled in a corner, until a door step.

This has got to be hell.

My eyes become heavy but I feel myself getting colder, so it's hard to fall asleep. Eyes blurring as I slowly shut my eyes until everything to black.

I jolt up to the sound of squeaky wheels moving against the rocky ground. My eyes widen as I see a boy, around the same age as me, wheeling a black wheelbarrow down a pathway. It had a creepy doll and supplies in it.

He was muttering words to himself or just talking to the doll.

I grab a crowbar that was 2 feet away from me and slowly walk down the steps and follow behind me, "Hey!" I yell.

He stops, quickly turning around, the boy had a mask around his nose and mouth, probably preventing any debris to enter his airways.

His eyes widen, stopping the wheelbarrow, he approaches me, obviously confused.

"Where the fuck am I?!" I compel, coughing as the debris enters my mouth.

He scoffs, removing his mask, "You're in hell."

My brow furrows, looking around at me surroundings, "..Not as bad as I thought it would be."

He is now only 5 feet apart from me, he drops the lever of his wheelbarrow, "How long have you been here?"

I shrug, "Around a couple of hours, how come you're here as well?"

He exhales, turning around a wheeling his barrow away, "Made the shittiest mistake of my life."

I cough, jogging so that I could catch up with him, "Me too. Is there any chance I could go home, this place is creepy?"

He ignores my query and keeps walking alongside me, "Stop following me."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes!"

"No!"

He stops in anger, raising his finger at me, "Piss off away from me or scoop your eye out with a spoon."

I snicker, "No."

Eventually, he gives up and just blankly ignores my questions.

We have been walking for over an hour until I come across this open hut with blankets above it. There was a sniper leaning against a camping chair.
There was two chalkboards, one of them had equations on them that I can't understand and the other one had his age throughout the years.

"You're 18?" I ask him, looking at this unusual camping spot.

He rolls his eyes, "No. I just turned 19."

He wheels his barrow into the camp and gets out the doll, putting it on the camping chair, like it's real, "My god.." I whisper to myself.

He grabs the sniper, clocking it and pointing it at my unexpectedly, I chuckle, "Who do you work for?! Do you work for the commission?"

I slowly walk over to him with a smile, "You're crazy."
I move his aim towards the ground, his brow raises, petrified, "I don't work for anyone you asshole."

As I level down the gun, I punch his face, he falls to the floor. As I cradle around his waist, I punch him once again. He groans, grabbing onto my wrist and throwing me to the floor.

Quickly, he stands up and kicks my stomach, I grunt, grabbing his leg and twisting it until I heard the crunch of a break.
He screams in agony, holding his leg in fury.

I smirk, brushing the dirt off of me as I stand up, facing his angered face, "Who the fuck are you?!"

I tilt my head to the right, narrow my eyes and squatting to be at his length, "I'm Beatrix fucking Murphy."
"Tell your name boy."

He pants, staring at me in boiling hot anger, "Five Hargreeves."

I scoff and laugh sarcastically, "Like the number?"

His eyes roll back as he feels the broken bone in his leg sticking out, I wince in sarcasm, "Looks like it hurts."

Five grits his teeth, "You're so gonna regret this you whore."

"I'm not sure she will." A woman's voice portrays behind me.