Chapter 4 - The Handler

I jump, standing up and staring directly as her. This women has platinum blonde hair. A black hat that covers half of her forehead. A red and black dress that flows across her body. She looks like she's due for a funeral.

"Who the hell are you?" I groan, narrowing my eyes.

She smiles softly, "My name is The Handler, Beatrix Murphy. I'm from the Commission as Five has already mentioned. I'm here to offer you a proposition."

Her sly smile made me consider her offer.

She puts out her cigarette on the floor and stands on it with her red high heels, "I work for an organization who requires the best of the best of assassins to take out those who mess with the future. And I've been a big fan of your Jack the Ripper work. I'm offering you a position. I can make you the best assassin that ever lives."

I feel feel my heart smiling but my face dulls, "I only kill those who hurt me, I'm not set off for an assassin."

My fists clench, knowing this may end in blood drawn.

With her smile, she folds her arms and folds her legs, "I'll let you think about it. I'll be back very soon."
She conveys, "Nice to see you again Five."

My eyes lock against his and as soon as I turn back to her, she was gone.

I scoff. Turning my attention back to Five, he eyes still was taunting my figure, "You're an assassin too?" He asks.

"You're not a very good one." I tut, making my way to the strange doll, throwing it to the floor and taking up the garden seat.

Five yelled and groaned, desperately trying to get to the doll, "That's pathetic." I laugh to myself, crossing my legs and arms.

Hours skip by and I feel myself getting bored, even when I'm torturing Five.

I kneel down beside him, "I'm bored."

His eyes narrow, "Oh. I'm sorry. Is my agony boring for you?!"

I nod my head and shrugging my shoulders.

"If you're planning to go home. You cannot. Not without me." He groans, leaning against a cold stone wall.

I lift a brow, "So you put me here?!"

"No. I have no idea how you got here but I can get you out. But I can't do it in this condition." He pleads.

I groan loudly, rubbing my temples, "If I help you and you hurt me in anyway I'm breaking your other leg, yes?"

He hesitates by nodding, a few second go by as I break his leg again, cracking it back into place, I've done it many times for myself after lifting too many fat people after they broke my bones.

He yells in agony, almost crying out, "Pussy."

"Shut up!" He yells, holding his half broken leg.

"Now. Chop chop. You're getting me out of here Five." I demand.

5:38 pm — The 1st of October in the year of 2023

It's been over a year since I first met Five, we fight every now and then, he's always working on his stupid chalkboard and I'm sat there wondering how I'm going to kill him and get out of this mess of the planet.

It's Fives birthday apparently and he's turned 20 years old.

I'm tripping in my own thoughts as Five yells at me to go out and get more supplies since we're running out on food, "I'm not getting shit."

His eyes wander towards mine, "Beatrix, go!"

I groan, patting my leg as I stand up. Lifting up my mask as I step into the blizzard of the debris flying around the air.

I whistle to myself, walking down a pathway with the creaky wheelbarrow trailing behind me. I hit the jackpot as I see cans of food displayed across the floor in a bunch.

I giggle to myself, packing it into the wheelbarrow. I had put over 20 cans in as I head back to the camp.

His eyes widen as he sees the amount of food I had gathered, "How—"

"Thank you Beatrix, you're the best." I sarcastically put in response to his reaction.

His eyes roll, ignoring me and getting back to his chalkboard.
I tap the garden chair a pattern to distract me from boredom taking over me.

1..2..4..2..1...1...2

Five sighs loudly, "Can you shut the fuck up, I'm trying to think but I can't with your fingers tapping against the chair!"

I chuckle to myself.