Chapter 25

-Abandoned Lumber Yard-

Riley lead the army of newborns across this ghostly yard. They move at a trot, leaping over pyramids of rotting logs. As they head for the water, Bree followed, doubt on her face.

-Woods-

Jacob ran with Bella, maintaining a steady jog, effortlessly carrying her weight. She held onto him, his mind heavy with concerns.

On the other trail, Seth carried Rosie as he concentrated on the memory of the trail. Jenna and Evelyn ran up on their backs, Julia in Jenna's arms.

-Puget Sound Beach-

Eerily, Riley rose from the water. Muddy and drenched but unfazed by the frigid water. They doesn't break stride as they simply heads for the woods.

One by one the rest of the army appears behind them.

They followed Riley, picking up speed. First walking, then running; an unstoppable force. At the rear is Bree.

-Woods-

Jacob and Seth carried the girls, climbing the mountainside, going up and up as they reached the campsite, Jenna, Evelyn, and Julia behind.

-Mountain-

Jacob, Seth, Jenna, Evelyn, Julia, Bella, and Rosie reached the peak where Edward and Jasper waited near the tents.

Snow falls in earnest now, glacial winds blow, Jacob and Seth set Rosie and Bella down. Rosie took Julia from Jenna's arms.

They hurry to the left side of the peak to find a campsite, erected against the sheltering face of the peak.

Jasper and Edward stood by the tent pacing, waiting. They're acutely relieved to see their mates. They hugged them and turns to Jacob and Seth.

"Thank you," Edward thanked them as Jacob nodded. Rosie turned to them as well. "You should get back before the storm hits," she asked.

"No, I'm staying. You'll need our connection to the pack, to keep tabs on what's going on," Seth replied. "Jake and Jenna will be here as well."

Edward looks down, none-too-happy but knowing Jacob's right. "You're not going to fight?" Bella asked.

"Leah will spell me in the morning. I'll go down. Seth and Jenna are staying here. He's not happy about missing the action, but it'll keep him out of trouble," Jacob added.

Edward noted her disappointment. But he covered, guiding her toward one of the tents.

"Let's get you inside," Edward told her as Jasper lead his mate to the other tent.

-Outside the tent-

Snow blew sideways as the wind battered the tents. Jenna shared a tent with Seth.

--Inside Rosie's Tent-Third Pov-