ROMCOM RESULTS

~Let's all give a standing ovation as we present to you...

✨ FIRST PLACE: 🥇 Let's Plan My Murder by ShwetaKumari426

✨ SECOND PLACE: 🥈 The Dating Proposal by imaginator33

✨ THIRD PLACE:🥉 The Best Thing I Never Had by Booklordess

Judge: Nikachu22

OVERVIEW OF RESULTS

🏅FIFTH: Strawberry Shaped Love by @Ipsitalali

🏅FOURTH: Uncomfortable by @_Laura_Ann_94

🥉THIRD: The Best Thing I Never Had by @Booklordess

🥈SECOND: The Dating Proposal by @Imaginator33

🥇FIRST: Let's Plan My Murder by @ShwetaKumari426

✨✨✨✨✨✨

🥉THIRD:

The Best Thing I Never Had

@Booklordess

Book Title: 9/10

That phrase in itself is a phrase that widely draws in natural curiosity because in some way, fashion or form, we all can relate. I like it.

Book Cover: 8/10

Simple and really fits well with the title. I'd suggest just adding something else. Maybe some light pink hearts on one side or a border.

Blurb: 9/10

Well written. Also placing the title as the closing sentence of the blurb was clever. It really gives depth to her because we are told as readers that she holds a lot of innocence and inexperience which can be deadly. I think you did well in applying that because she's only a teenager so that's to be expected. I can feel the plot twists just by the blurb. This story is going to be an emotional roller coaster (from what I've read in the blurb).

Grammar/Spelling/Punctuation: 6/10

There's a few wrongly used words and I found a lot of phrases were also repeated. You stated in chapter one about the classroom bursting into laughter only to then one-two sentences down to again repeat it. It's unnecessary and should be removed. Also, the word and is used quite a lot. When it comes to repeating words, it's best to remove them entirely and create stand alone sentences because repeating a certain word diminishes the quality of the writing. Synonyms help as well.

Your use of coordinating conjunctions are used incorrectly.

There is also a paragraph space between Lucy's rant in chapter 3. I'd suggest taking it out. If you feel there is too much dialogue then you could simply add descriptive character movement to better support her as a character.