LOVE & MARRIAGE RESULTS

~Let's all give a standing ovation as we present to you...

FIRST PLACE: 🥇 The Art Of Remembering

SECOND PLACE: 🥈 Forbidden Fruit: A Regency Romance

THIRD PLACE:🥉In A Silence That Speaks Volume

Judge: @EmmeMoore86

OVERVIEW OF RESULTS

🥉THIRD: In a Silence that speaks Volume
@OmaPhinaPhire

🥈SECOND: Forbidden Fruit: A Regency Romance
@Lady__Whistleup

🥇FIRST: The Art Of Remembering
@Minimoxx

✨✨✨✨✨✨

🥉THIRD:

Participant: In a Silence that Speaks Volume

Work: @OmaPhinaPhire

Book Title: 7%

The title is intriguing and it plays on Simi's silence about why she is crying and keeping secrets. I could be wrong but I think it should be "In a Silence that Speaks Volumes." Instead of "volume."

Book Cover: 6%

The book cover definitely has a vibe, but it doesn't really go with the story. This book seems to have an emotional tone and that would be great to come through on the cover.

Book Description: 5%

The blurb tells a little bit about the type of story this is but it needs to be cleaned up. There are a lot of repetitive words and the preposition "when" doesn't flow with the title. I'm also not a fan of the repeating of your username, but this may be a style choice that I am not the audience for.

This is just a suggestion on how to reword it, feel free to disregard:

In a Silence that Speaks Volume(s)

a marriage becomes unstable and a shadow of what it used to be when a wife's painful revelation to her husband unexpectedly haunts her more than it does him.

Grammar, Spelling & Punctuation: 7%

I noticed a few mistakes and some of the sentences needed rewording to make it more clear.  I was still able to follow along and for the most part, it read well.

Book Setting: 8%

Plot Development: 7%

I really like the plot, it is definitely my kind of book. It has angst and intrigue and you have a way of making me want to read onto the next chapter.

This is perhaps a personal preference, but I think the chapters were too short. Not enough happens in each one, making the pacing seem off. 

The flashbacks could also be a little more seamless, but I did like having their backstory on how they met. Through Praise's POV, I could really feel how much he loved and doted on his wife, and when her confession happened, I really felt the anguish.