Alhaitham's dilemma

Note: this part is an Introduction chapter to the two characters Kaveh and Alhaitham. It starts with the Traveller, the Main characters of the game Genshin Impact. Paimon is a flying fairy like creature who accompanies the traveler on his/her adventures. Even if you don't play the game, you will understand the story. Don't worry! I explain important characters and in this chapter the lore accuracy is very high. I twist it only a bit to make Alhaitham’s view visible. Something we don’t know from the game. I am focussing on Kaveh in later chapters.
The traveller goes to the background after this chapter finishes. All the parts that follow are about the daily life and struggles in the relationship between Alhaitham and Kaveh.
________________________________

This story takes place few days after the Traveler Lumine visited Alhaithams home for the first time.

On a peaceful evening Lumine and Paimon visit the Grand Bazaar in Sumeru City. The air smells like the Harra fruit spice mixed with Zahtun peaches. The merchants and residents chat joyfully, the atmosphere is cozy, almost magical due to the clangorous sounds of Lyre coming from the background.

'Mmmmh. It smells so nice! What do you want to eat today Traveler? Everything here makes my mouth water!', says Paimon.

'What about we go to the Kebab cart over there!'

'This is a good idea! AwwwPaimon can't wait!'

After going further in the direction of the food cart, Lumine notices a familiar figure trying to get her attention by waving their arm. It is Alhaitham.

'Go to the Kebab store first, Paimon! I just noticed Alhaitham over there. I think he wants something from me. I will be right back!'

'What does HE want? Hmm... ok I hope he doesn't steal too much time from you. I will be waiting for you then.', says Paimon in an annoyed tone.

Lumine goes to the place where Alhaitham is standing.

'Oh hi traveler! I noticed you from afar and wanted to ask...ahm...how do I say it...ahem.. if you have time for a talk at my place?'

'Sure! What's the matter Alhaitham? Is something wrong with Kaveh?'

'How do you...yeah...maybe...kind of... I need to clear my mind and...I think you were a trustworthy companion in the past...so...but please don't take this annoying fairy with you...please. I don't have the mental resources right now to deal with her personality'

'Yes...it will not be easy but I will try to clear the air for us two to talk.'

'Thank you traveler, I mean Lumine. I will go to my home now and will be waiting for you there', Alhaitham sighs in relief.

Lumine goes back to Paimon and tries to persuade her to be alone for a while with the scribe at his place.

'Paimon, please. Let me have a little bit of space. I will give you as much Mora as you want so you can stay here and taste every food on this Bazaar you encounter'

'Paimon wants to know why.'

'Why what?'

'Why do you need to be alone with him. Paimon doesn't trust this guy. He is arrogant and thinks he is better than anyone else. Do you really... feel something for him? Is this why you want to be alone with him?'

Lumine recognizes the bribe with food is not enough for Paimon to win her over. Painfully she decides to go the road Paimon is already preparing for her.

'I also have... needs - you know?', Lumine blushes after saying these words but she knows a small lie like this will not hurt their friendship.

'Uuhhh. You are disgusting...Paimon doesn't want to know. Paimon will stay here. But if you are not returning soon in a few hours, Paimon will be in front of Alhaithams house and embarrass you by shouting as loud as possible!'