1- How It All Happens To Begin

How had it gone so wrong?

The Brotherhood and Wukong were so close to victory...

But then his friends were surrounded, and as he stared into Macaque's eyes the Jade Emperor appeared before him. The deity had demanded that Wukong surrender... or his mortal companions would be killed. And Wukong's choice was obvious.

They had then decided to attempt to kill him off, which obviously failed. So they threw him into a furnace, a desperate attempt of containment, really. The metal had been gradually heating up, and the monkey winced as his clothes started to burn. His boots began to melt, his fur began to dry out, and then his vision started to blur as tears began to build up.

--

Wukong yowled, pounding his fists against the red-hot metal, demanding he be let out. The king whimpered as the smoke stung his eyes relentlessly, and he blinked harshly as his tear ducts caused tears to flow freely. But soon enough they dried up as soon as they formed, joining the seething air.

The monkey squeezed his eyes shut as they protested with how dry they were. Wukong continued to pound his fists against the furnace's interior, screaming as rage boiled feverishly within him.

--

Wukong snarled, red eyes glowing vibrantly as he clumsily stomped forward. Smoke and ash bellowed out around him, and his vision was heavily blurred.

All he could see were the souls of each celestial present before him, as unique as a fingerprint. He was so enraged he didn't notice his lack of sight or his new Eyes of Truth. So he leaped forward, attacking whoever was unfortunate enough to get snagged in his grasp.

And then Buddha was called down.

Wukong's Gold Vision had run out by then, and it dawned on him that he couldn't see.

Everything was blurred, shifting colors and then a booming voice was all he was aware of. Something large moved to touch him, and Wukong snarled, slashing furiously at the offending object.

The object was Buddha's hand.

--

Wukong sobbed tearlessly, trapped beneath a mountain.

He couldn't shed any tears, the damage done to his eyes extended to his tear ducts. They were itchy and dry, and he could smell infection from his upper face. His eyes... He wouldn't be surprised if his eyes had gotten infected.

The infection ran rampant, and he let out another dry sob as his fever left him trembling. He snivled, wishing he had tears to wash out the gunk in his eyes and the grime on his face. Wukong wished desperately, begging for his mind to wander.

He began to daydream, tracing out each memory he still had.

Wukong imagined laughing with his warrior as they threw fruit at each other childishly. A sudden thought dimmed his small joy, I will eventually forget what he looks like. Macaque...will he forget Wukong..?

His hazy eyes snapped open, reminding him once again he couldn't see.

--

The monk... Was strange.

He was a white-and-beige blur smudged with gold, speaking softly, "Are you Sun Wukong?" The monkey had received a visit from Guanyin a while back, she had told him that he'd be freed as long as he protected Tang Sanzang, or Tripitaka, on his journey to deliver scrolls. Wukong lifted his head, activating his Gold Vision, and was blinded by the sheer amount of golden light the holy man's soul emitted.

Wukong grimaced, "...Are you Tang Sanzang?"

The monk had then freed him, and to ensure it really was a mountain Wukong was trapped underneath, the monkey had cautiously used his strength to wiggle his way out. After all, what if it wasn't a mountain? What if it was something that could get the monk carelessly killed? So he only shoved boulders apart, finally standing up in front of who he assumed was Tripitaka.