19- Anger Surges

MK screamed as the ink lunged at him, holding the staff out.

A glow suddenly appeared, followed by a voice, "MK!" A crash, and the ink laughed, "Aww, look who's here to protect their little monkey!"

MK opened his eyes slowly, gasping as he saw his friends, "Guys! How..?" Mei grinned, "Mac's shadows and Monkey King's eyes." She smirked, gesturing at the king. The boy turned, gasping as he realized his eyes were looking at him.

Wukong grinned, "Hey, bud. Missed me?" MK felt a disbelieving laugh echo out as he tore his way into his mentor's arms, leaning over his body, "Wukong! You can see me?" The ginger hummed, but the moment was shattered as ink swirled.

"Oh, how sweet! The Harbinger of Chaos, and his mess of a mentor!" The ink looked like MK, except it looked like...

MK gasped, shuddering as he glitched.

"MK!" Wukong stared in shock, watching as monkey features showed themselves momentarily, "...What..?" The curse cackled, cooing, "You aren't just a nobody, MK! You are more than you could ever know!"

Ink pushed against the team, and their weapons held it up. Shadows surrounded them, swallowing any bits of the curse trying to drag them away.

Wukong pulled MK away, snarling, "So what?! He's still our chaotic noodle delivery boy! He is my successor, a sweet hero who knows that you're spewing nonsense! Human or not, he's MK! Like it or not, he is like any other guy in this world!"

The curse grew, its smile never wavering, "Don't you see? His fate is filled with mistakes that pale to yours. His destiny is to destroy."

MK huffed, his glowing faltering as his hidden features surfaced, "I am sick of that word!" Everyone gasped as a bolt of golden light flared from them, MK barely a blur as he slammed into the curse. Wukong gasped as everything went stark-bright, shining down on them all.

The warrior and the king heard the curse as it spoke one last time to the hero.

"Then prove us wrong."

---

MK groaned as his friends hugged him, "Dude, that was AWESOME!" Mei gushed, squealing loudly. Wukong nodded along, before suddenly going still.

He, along with Macaque, turned as a newcomer made themselves known.

Macaque glared at the lion, "Azure, what are you doing." It wasn't a question, but an order to know what the other was planning. Wukong snarled, "Back the fuck away!" He moved his arms, shielding the youngest two of the group.

Azure wore a grim look on his face, "I am sorry." He snapped his fingers.

The world began to crumble, beams of light shining down. Wukong gasped, pushing Macaque into a beam of golden light with Mei. The warrior screamed, reaching out for his king. Wukong simply shuddered, smiling.

"I believe in you. All of you."

---

MK sat up with a groan.

Everyone around him was in a fighting stance, and Macaque was shaking with an unreadable expression on his face. MK blinked slowly, standing up, "What's going on..?" He looked up, and there was Azure Lion.

"...What have you done?"

The lion sighed before moving the scrolls. An elephant and an eagle appeared, and they hugged joyously. MK ignored them, looking around, instead. Macaque hissed, "He has him." MK felt the blood drop from his face and nausea appear in him.