Retrival

Subodhi looked up, causing the others to look up from their bowls.

Petals and flames moved down, and they moved away to reveal an unsteady Nezha leaning against Red Son. The fire demon grit his teeth, staring at them, "The morons did it. They fought Heaven."

MK, Macaque, and Nezha suddenly shuddered and gasped, glowing slightly.

Mei frowned, "What happened?" She looked up at the old man, and his expression was grim as he spoke, "Azure Lion, that fool... He is now the emperor." Tang squawked, flailing, "He WHAT?!"

---

Yellow Tusk watched his brother struggle. Celestial artifacts could only do so much to hold this immense power at bay, and to keep the world together.

"Azure, perhaps... Perhaps we should plan more accurately. I know we can do so much good. But the world is falling apart--" The lion snarled, yelling out a splintering gold split, revealing beautiful violets and stars.

"How DARE you speak against me! I...I will have to trap you as well!" He held up the scrolls, shaking as he stood against the throne. The elephant stared up at him passively, "Azure, brother, calm down. I am not speaking against you, I am simply worried."

The newly appointed emperor sagged, face dropping into horror, "Brother... My word, I am so sorry..." Peng walked in, head held high as they announced, "It seems the little group is yet to be found." They scowled, sauntering over, "Even the Monkey King's mountain seems vacant apart from the animals there."

Azure sighed, sitting back down, "I see... Well. If anyone can save Sun Wukong, surely the boy and his friends can do so! I doubt Macaque would allow..."

Memories of crimson against his blade flashed before his mind.

"...He...would do anything to protect..." Azure exhaled, rubbing his temples. Peng frowned, glancing over at the wisest of the trio, "Azure, darling, what's the matter? Why do you hesitate?" The lion trembled, "I hurt one of our own, and I nearly managed to...destroy..."

Peng scoffed, "Oh, please! Barely a scratch, brother. Do not concern yourself! They were getting in your way--"

"Enough, Peng." The lion's eyes gleamed dangerously, "Do not speak ill of--" He screamed, the world splintering even more as the Yellow Tusk struggled to seal each tear.

---

Mei glanced up at the rips in the sky, laughing softly, "At least it's pretty..?" Pigsy gave her a look as Subodhi spoke to Tang, "You should be strong enough to create the seal. I advise you to do so soon."

Nezha grumbled, bandages wrapped around his body, "I shouldn't have run, you'd have more time." Red Son scoffed, giving the deity a dirty look, "And let you get captured, too? As if!" He glanced over at Macaque, a sickening feeling in his gut as he eyes the bandages on the right side of his face.

"...Let's just get this over with." The redhead drew a seal around the scroll, gesturing for MK and Macaque to step into it, "There. Don't mess around too much, Noodle Brain." MK laughed, "Will do, Red!"

The scholar stepped forward, looking at Sandy for support as he tapped his staff against the drawn seal before the Monkey King's scroll. MK and Macaque braced themselves, feeling the warmth dance along their skins.

---

These memories were horrid.

They watched him burn, they watched as he shoved his face against the ground, trying to escape the mountain on his back. His eyes were blank, unfocused as the signs of infection set in.