12-Dragon's Warning As Ice Follows Us

Wukong stumbled out of the bed, throwing out his hands.

Morning vision was always his worst enemy. It blurred his already grainy vision, making everything mesh together. The monkey huffed as his knee bumped into the bedside table, startling the boy that had been sleeping nearby.

"Wukong..?" MK yawned loudly, the sound of blankets rustling guided the king's blank eyes as he attempted to face his student, "Sorry to wake you, bud. I was gonna go find Ao Guang and get some help packing everyone up. I think Sandy repaired the airship."

More rustling before the sound of bare feet on tile made it to the monkey's ears, "I'll come with you!"

---

Wukong sighed as he climbed onto the airship, stumbling on his way up.

His vision used to be a tad better than this, especially with Gold Vision. But now that his powers were gone?

Well, his eyesight just casually deteriorated over the last couple of days. Which was honestly problematic, but Wukong wasn't going to complain. They had more pressing matters, afterall.

"Thank you, Ao Guang! You seriously helped us out." The old dragon hummed before placing a firm hand against the sage, "Wukong, I can sense the scroll and the map you possess. Are you sure..?" The monkey smiled reassuringly, "Of course. I wouldn't risk anything otherwise."

"Alright. Safe travels, old friend."

Wukong nodded, grinning as they began to take off.

---

MK huffed, rolling over to face his mentor, "So, meditation is supposed to make your powers come back?" Wukong nodded, "Yup! It's a pain, but it helps. Wanna try?"

The brunette grimaced, "Nah, I don't think I could do that." Shadows suddenly swirled, revealing an ebony warrior, "Hello, sickly crew." Wukong snorted, "Aren't you the one working for Jack Frost's evil sister?" Macaque tapped the king's forehead harshly, "I'm pretending to work with her. Goof."

He glanced at MK, "We could...train if you'd like, bud." MK eyed Wukong as he began to glow and sat up, "Yeah. I think meditation's gonna take a while." Macaque laughed, "It will, and meditation isn't even his strength."

MK stood up, positioning himself, "Okay, what've you got for me?" Macaque launched himself forward, ducking down at the last second.

---

The hero groaned, dropping beside Wukong, "Man, you were not holding back!" Macaque laughed before suddenly cutting himself off.

The monkey's face paled as he clutched at his chest.

MK sat up, "Macaque?" The warrior's face contorted into a pained grimace as he mutely gasped, shuddering. The brunette stepped back, "I-- I'll go get help!" He turned, running into the ship's haul.

---

Macaque's mind felt as if spikes were being driven through. Frost crept along his fingers and fur, marking him boldly.

Breathing felt like torture, freezing air forced its way into him. His thoughts raced, trying to make sense of the pain. Of the freezing cold.

"A reward for you, dear warrior."

Macaque choked, turning to face the warmth near him. Wukong was dead to the world, glowing like a nightlight meant to keep monsters away. His hands clenched slightly.

"Fight, shadow. Freeze those before you, take until there is nothing left to take."

His body stumbled forward.