chapter two.

it feels like a roller coaster ride
)
changmin's pov

it's too late to reject juyeon's purpose and i'm gonna have to take him tomorrow after school to my house. i wish i didn't have to, but i really have no other choice, and he's only gonna be there for a few minutes before my parents decide to kick him out because there's no way they would allow me to date a boy. 

or more so, accept him as my "soulmate."

not that i believe in that sort of nonsense. 

i'm walking out the school grounds when a hand suddenly grabs my shoulder and i turn to look who it is. i'm not surprised to see sunwoo already walking beside me with a cherry flavored lollipop in his mouth, looking rather relaxed but sorta...hurt?

"so...what did he say?" sunwoo asks, not even bothering to greet me anymore. he sounds like he doesn't want to ask but still his curiosity eats him like always. it's funny, he can't even stay mad at me for a second because he's either curious about something or he's scared i'm gonna jump at him. 

perks of being the annoyed, i guess. 

i sigh out loud and tighten my grip on my bag's straps. "someone said yes. but not the person i wanted it to be..?" i explained, i don't even know myself what i let happened, and you can blame the stupid timing for it. if i had gotten there earlier, i wouldn't have ran into juyeon. and if juyeon hadn't been there the same time i asked the other to be my fake date, this all could have been avoided. getting into the moment was a big mistake i have let happened. 

i want to scream. 

sunwoo bites on his lollipop but it doesn't break, he just plays with it like a little kid. "huh," he says, and it sounds like he's thinking about something and i have no idea what it is. does he have an idea...? a new plan? something that could save my ass from the trouble i have caused? i mean...sunwoo does come up with pretty good ideas. which is one of the reasons why i let him become my best friend in the first place. 

"what is it?" i can't help ask, anxiously. 

sunwoo shrugs, bringing the lollipop out of his now flourished lips. "hmm...who was it?" 

my entire hope vanishes and i am left with disappointment and annoyance at the stupid annoying damn question! "is that what was made you think so hard that it made you look like you were planning a much more better idea?" irritation is entirely filled with my voice and sunwoo slightly backs away from walking so closely beside me, fear flashing in his eyes. 

"er...yes..?" 

"agh!! how can you do this to me?!" i screech and grab sunwoo's arm and start playfully slapping his sleeves in annoyance. 

"ow, ow, ow," sunwoo keeps repeating with each punch i throw at him. 

"you aren't so smart as i thought you were, you know!" i admitted, and withdraw away from him and continue walking more angrily. sunwoo still follows me for obvious reasons. 

"c'mon, how bad could it be?" 

"super bad!" i exclaimed. 

"just tell me who it is," sunwoo says, rather boredly, probably wanting to know already. 

i sigh and halt, turning to face sunwoo. he's already staring at me, waiting for my response. the light breeze blows on our faces and from my point of view, sunwoo's bright pink hair moves around crazily. there's a beat of silence before i finally say, "it's lee juyeon." 

sunwoo's lollipop immediately falls to the ground and his mouth opens widely in shock. i ignore him and begin walking again, not waiting if he's following or not.