chapter five.

it is official then
)
changmin's pov

it takes me a moment to finally respond to the nuisance question juyeon asks. "you must have gone crazy. we don't even know a thing about each other..!" i reasoned out, standing up and walking anywhere else that wasn't near him.

"so what?"

my eyebrows knit together in confusion and seriousness. i turn around and walk back towards him. "i'm sorry but i'm not one of your one week girlfriends! i don't want to date you. i don't like you!"

"what if you did?" juyeon stands up, and he's walking much more closer to me that i have to take several steps back.

"i won't," i try not to stutter when i hit my wall and juyeon stands closer to me.

"people say that all the time...but you know that in the end, that doesn't really work out for them." juyeon states, his voice becoming into a whisper that i start to panic that this is exactly 'the moment' that he makes. he starts seducing people with that low whisper and close appearance making them...want to...want to...

ugh!

i push him off me and quickly open the door behind me and walk out my own room. i start walking down the stairs before i know it, juyeon trailing behind me as i have the sense that he doesn't want to be left alone.

when i get downstairs i look around unsure if i want to see someone right now or not. but, there's no one around. i slowly make my way to the lounge and open the door to realize everyone's already seated and waiting for my arrival. my face instantly feels warm, which i begin to hate and dismiss the embarrassment.

"are you guys gonna start the votes now?" i plainly ask.

my mother, who sits in front of everyone with my father besides her nods her head very perfectly. "yes. now, you and juyeon will wait outside while we begin our talk. you must be holding hands while you wait for one of us to come out the room. understand?"

i grimace at the 'holding hands' part but nonetheless nod. "okay."

"now, move along." my mother gestures.

i grunt and begin to close the doors, and as i walk out the room i see juyeon waiting a few steps away from me. i sigh and make my towards him, taking his hand i bring him to stand beside me in front of the door.

i try to listen carefully to what they've began to say but i can't hear much due to the walls blocking the noise coming from inside. it's only faintly so i can't hear what they're saying but i can tell one of my uncles is already disagreeing to have juyeon as my soulmate. i feel relieved hearing his protests.

at least someone's against this.

as the thought crosses my mind, i feel juyeon squeeze my hand and i turn my attention back on him as i forgot he was still here.

"are you nervous?" i wondered, but it's probably a stupid question because anyone would be nervous in a situation like this.

juyeon shrugs. "kinda."

his answer takes me aback. "kinda?"

"well, as long as we don't separate nothing will happen to us, right?"

i take a moment to think about his response. "aren't you mad i brought you into this?"

"no. i don't really care."

"really?" i'm amused.

"really. maybe...it could change something in our lives, who knows?"

i sigh and look around, now feeling uneasy. "are you nervous?" juyeon asks, and the question strikes me, because no one ever really asks me how i'm feeling. everyone just assumes i'll be fine because i'm always annoyed or i act like i don't give a shit. but, i really do. disappointingly, i do care deep down inside, but i don't think i'll ever be able to admit it.