chapter seven.

chaos with new people
)
changmin's pov

when class is finally done i walk out the classroom and make my way to the sunwoo's class in a hurry. if he knows where my class is, i'm sure we'll run into each other soon. 

but what i didn't expect was to run into the boy whom i asked for help once. 

my eyebrows furrowed when i notice he plans on telling me something. he doesn't meet my gaze though. "i'm sorry for rejecting you. i really didn't want to but i also didn't...want to do what you asked me to do...i hope you understand that i wasn't rejecting you because i don't like you—"

"jacob," i called out. he flinches and meets my gaze. "you don't have nothing to worry about. i actually got someone else to help me." 

jacob seems to have relaxed. "oh...! really?" 

"yes, so you don't have to pity me." 

"oh! i'm not though...!" 

"alright then, i'll just get going then." 

jacob hums softly. "yes...i'll see you some other time then." 

i nod even though it must be a lie. jacob is sweet, too sweet to be seen hanging out with someone like me. i don't expect him to befriend me, it's not like i want him to either way. 

and now that i think about jacob, what the hell made me think he'd actually agreed to be my fake boyfriend? i can't imagine what would've happened if my parents rather said 'yes' to jacob and i's relationship. jacob would most definitely hate me afterwards. in a way, i can't help but feel relieved juyeon forced me to say 'yes' to him being my fake boyfriend. 

the thought crosses my mind quick before i'm shaking it off and instantly regretting it afterwards. 

what the hell was i feeling relived for? 

nothing. and no one. 

absolutely no one. 

i continue to find sunwoo. 

♡˗ˏ🍰໒

i thought i'd find him by now. but it seems like finding him has become harder than how i thought it'd be. 

i turn to a hall and from afar i finally find sunwoo. but, he's not alone. he's surrounded by three tall people. it's only then that i notice he's with eric and with juyeon

what the hell is he doing with them? 

i make my way towards them and when sunwoo finally meets my gaze, his eyes widen. "changmin..." sunwoo says, and everyone else's attention averts to me. 

i ignore the stares and just approach sunwoo. "what the hell are you doing with them?" i ask, not caring if they can hear me clearly. 

"relax, we were about to go get you," sunwoo replies with a 'chill out' tone.  

i grimace. "why would you need to do that?" 

"because! we're all gonna hangout together...! how does that sound, min?"

i gasp. "together?? what the hell do you mean?" 

juyeon steps in and takes a step closer to me. "i asked sunwoo if we can hangout together," he says. 

my brows furrowed. "i thought you said we'd see each other after school?" 

juyeon shrugs. "that sounds too long, doesn't it?" 

i try not to focus on the way he says it as if he were missing me and just move on from it and instead look at sunwoo. no, i eye sunwoo. he squirms at the eye contact and is about to walk away but i stop him from doing so, standing close in front of him. i inch my face closer towards him, "what the hell were you thinking? why did you bring them with you? do you not care about your miserable friend, here? i swear to god sunwoo—"