chapter four.

too much to handle
)
changmin's pov

i shut my bedroom door right after juyeon enters. i yank my bag off my shoulder and let it fall to the floor with a 'thump' following along. i sigh and take in a deep breath, hoping to control my anger and annoyance that's filling inside of me. 

"ugh!!" but i can't hold back the eager to scream in annoyance. i turn around and notice the formal gray suit that my mother had neatly placed on my bed. it takes me a moment to realize i'm not alone and i scan my room to find juyeon, but he's lying in my bed very comfortably. 

"what are you doing here?" i snap, annoyed. 

juyeon sits up and stares at me with knitted borrows. "you brought me with you," he answers, sounding as if i've lost my marbles. i've probably have.  

i sigh and nod as i recall the moment that i let my anger take control over me. "oh, right." my teeth cat my lower lip and i start bitting it in anticipation. i suddenly start remembering what happened downstairs and i uncontrollably hide my face with my hands as i remember the words i said. 

shit, why did i sound so mad when my mother was going to introduce juyeon to the family instead of me? i sorta sound...no, that's stupid. there's no way i sounded...jealous? i wasn't though. i was just angry at my mother and i said stupid stuff that sounded like i was but i wasn't! i was mad at my mother, not jealous. 

i sigh and close my eyes for a moment before opening them. "close your eyes," i tell juyeon. he doesn't ask why and just simply hides his eyes with his hands, and so i start unbuttoning my school uniform to get change. 

"so..." juyeon begins, and i should've known he was going to say something. 

"yes?" i force myself to say. 

"what you said back there...does that mean...your plan...didn't work?" 

"disappointing to say, but i think my mother actually likes you. but, we still won't know what my other aunts and uncles will say so don't worry too much. i'm sure they'll disapprove of you." 

"why?"

"because you're a guy and i'm sure everyone in family is homophobic." 

"are you?" 

"what?" 

"are you homophobic?" 

i sigh once i've finished changing and i start fixing my tie whilst looking at myself in the mirror. "i don't care about that stuff. i don't even like anyone. for all i know i could be aromantic," i joked, and i seriously hope he doesn't take my joke serious. 

"okay then...um...what now?" 

i walk back to him and grab his two arms and put them down so he could finally open his eyes. "we'll see," i tell him and i slowly trail hands down to his hands so i can intertwine them together. he seems a little shock by the sudden gesture but he doesn't say anything about it but just squeezes my hand even harder, making me flinch. 

"don't do that," i eye him, irritated. 

juyeon shrugs, clearly unbothered. and i sigh and begin to walk towards the door, juyeon follows behind me. when we're out my bedroom the chattering from downstairs begins to make me feel overwhelm all over again. i take another deep long breath to control my emotions and calm myself down. 

really, i shouldn't feel nervous. yet, somehow i am. i think it's because it's juyeon who's here right now. some unfamiliar stranger that's supposed to be my "boyfriend" for today. everything feels out of place. he shouldn't be here. in my house. holding my hand. his big oversized hand that can practically eat my own, still, it feels warm...and, nice.