Chapter 28: The Day of Calamity Part III

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

[.....] = Writing/reading

Third Person P.O.V

(Ten Minutes Before The Laugh)

Mikoto, Misaki, Shoto, and Momo watched as the others managed to rescue Katsuki. However, it didn't go exactly to plan. They watched as Katsuki escaped, but through the holes in the destroyed wall, (Y/n) didn't move.

Why? Why wasn't he escaping? That was when no one but Momo noticed something that looked like (Y/n)'s Quirk appear where the others were. In that split second, a bolt of black lightning almost slammed into them only to be blocked by the barely visible arm.

Despite having an idea on what just happened, all she understood was that (Y/n) wasn't going to run and... he was... her eyes quickly looked to where (Y/n) was standing. She saw him grinning like an idiot... he looked so tired, so weak.

Her mind went back to that day... when he told her.

Momo: "You said that your punishment is almost over, what do you mean?" she questioned.

(Y/n): "Really? That's your question? Isn't it obvious, love? I'm going to die soon." he said with a smile before laughing.

Momo stared at him in horror as he laughed to himself as if he just told the greatest pun that annoyed a lot of people. She wasn't sure he was being serious... but then he stopped laughing and just smiled at her.

(Y/n): "Please... keep this a secret from everyone for me. I rather have everyone treat me like normal before I kick the bucket." he told her.

Momo: "Why... are you telling me?" she asked.

(Y/n): "Why? ...because I think I understand why you see them... or at least barely notice them. Your view of everything was once so innocent." he stated.

Momo looked a bit confused as (Y/n) looked up to the sky.

(Y/n): "A part of you still views things like you once did when you were little. A similar view to my own. Which is why you can just barely see it. Which is why I am telling you." he said in a way Momo could possibly understand.

(Y/n): "I'm not afraid of dying... it's how I die which I'm afraid of... Momo, when the time comes... I will either disappear without a trance or go down having fun one last time. Either knowing that everything will be fine without me or making sure I leave on my own terms." he told her.

His head looked down from the sky and stared at Momo with a grin.

(Y/n): "When you see me at my weakest... when you know I am about to die... don't stop me." he reached over to her hands and held them gently.

Momo's mind came back as she saw (Y/n) shrugged towards Gluttony before taking a deep breath.

(Y/n): "All Might! Permission to engage!" he yelled out.

Momo: "He's... going to die fighting." she muttered to herself.

All Might: "Damn it! Fine, with my permission, you're allowed to engage in combat till you find a way to escape!" he yelled.

Momo watched as several arms slammed into Gluttony right as she was about to fire a bolt of lightning at him. Gluttony was sent flying a few feet away but was able to stop midair using her blades. Not wasting time, she fired several more blasts of lightning at (Y/n).