Chapter 23: The New Heartbeat

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

Kyoka P.O.V

It was the beginning of August and I found myself walking down the street towards my house after spending the day hanging out with Momo. After coming back from I-Island, things have been rather chaotic. It's been a few days since everything that happened on I-Island and several dozen news channels around the world are still talking about it. 

One of the reasons is because the fact that a heavy secured artificial island in international waters was temporarily captured by a group of Villains caused major concern. And it didn't help that a lot of well-known Heroes were there and were unable to do a thing for a long period of time. If that wasn't bad enough, but I-Island also suffered from major damages to several facilities and buildings due to the battle that raged on outside.

Even if I didn't see most of it at first, I did manage to see the ending of the battle and unlike most people, I suffered from the noise generated by the battle, it got that loud. 

The battle outside was quickly referred to as the "Chaos Event" on message boards all over the internet after a low-quality video was uploaded onto VideoTube. The video was only five minutes long with most of it being that of heavy breathing from one of the journalists that went to visit the island for the event. The recording was of them running down the streets of I-Island as the sounds of battle raged in the background along with the eerie sound of laughter. However, during that last minute, the person recording managed to capture the final moments of the battle.

From where the journalist was, they were able to capture hundreds of black arms that were outlined by glowing green energy. The video captured these arms wrapping around a strange large black sphere or bombarding the sphere with a bombardment of explosive punches that created shockwaves with each blow. Suddenly, a strange humming sound began to be heard coming from the black arms.

The video was coming to an end once a surge of water from one of the lakes flew up into the air to contain the black sphere and arms. What followed next was a massive explosion that blinded everything for a moment before revealing the surge of water blown away and sending a powerful shockwave that shattered windows of nearby buildings and knocking the journalist to ground. That was when the video ended.

After Central Tower was taken back, the Security Bots weren't an issue anymore and we went to help everyone else. From what I remember, apparently the battle outside was between Misaka and (Y/n). They said that some weird chick and old guy did something to Misaka that caused her to run wild. And man, she really did a number on everything. 

But no one was able to stop the weird chick and the old guy. The moment Misaka attacked (Y/n), the weird chick apparently used her Quirk to lift herself and the old guy into the air before flying off and out of reach from everyone. And it's not like everyone had time to stop them either, we needed to free the Heroes after all. But Kamijou and Kuroko went off to help Misaka and (Y/n).

After they took back the security room, the heroes were released and two of them quickly went to work. All Might went up the tower to help us while the number one hero of the United Kingdom, Britannia, went to stop the battle outside. I watched from the top of the tower as she used the water from one of the lakes to form a water barrier where (Y/n) and Misaka were. And what followed did a number on me, a high-frequency humming noise vibrated through the air before massive explosions erupted from the black arms. 

Everything was engulfed in light for a split second as a massive explosion erupted within the water sphere and resulted in the water being blown away and sending a powerful shockwave across the island. After that, I held onto my ears as everything was ringing to me.