8: The Flying Lessons

EVERY MAN JACK , were sitting in the Great Hall

EVERY MAN JACK , were sitting in the Great Hall. Some were studying while some were filling their stomachs with scrumptious food.

The first year Gryffindor's were sitting glumly after the potions class as it didn't go according to their wish. Harry had never believed he would meet a boy he hated more than Dudley- his cousin brother , but that was before he met Draco Malfoy.

First-year Gryffindors only had Potions with the Slytherins, so they didn't have to put up with Malfoy much.

Or at least, they didn't until they spotted a notice pinned up in the Great Hall  which made them all groan. Flying lessons would be starting on Thursday – and Gryffindor and Slytherin would be learning together.

"Typical... Just what I always wanted. To make a fool of myself on a broomstick in front of Malfoy." 
Harry said darkly. He had been looking forward to learning to fly more than anything else.

"You don't know you'll make a fool of yourself." Said Ron reasonably. "Anyway, I know Malfoy's always going on about how good he is at Quidditch, but I bet that's all talk."

"Harry,why are you thinking like that? you know dad was a Quidditch player too don't you? You will do well. Don't worry brotha."  Said Arabella as Harry nodded slightly. She patted his shoulder while turning her attention to Seamus who was trying to change tea into rum.

Harry glanced at the Slytherin table where Malfoy was certainly talking about flying. He complained loudly about first-years never getting in the house Quidditch teams and told long, boastful stories which always seemed to end with him narrowly escaping Muggles in helicopters.

Even though Harry's father- James was a Quidditch player but still he never rides a broom because his parents were very over-protective after all he's the boy who lived.

Hermione bored them all stupid with flying tips she'd got out of a library book called Quidditch through the ages. Neville was hanging to her every word, desperate for anything that might help him hang on to his broomstick later, but everybody else was very pleased when Hermione's lecture was interrupted by the arrival of the post.

Dozens of owls circle the ceiling then swoop down , dropping parcels from home. barn owl brought Neville a small package from his grandmother. He opened it excitedly and showed them a glass ball the size of a large marble, which seemed to be full of white smoke.

"It's a Rememberall. Gran knows I forget things – this tells you if there's something you've forgotten to do. Neville explained.

Look, you hold it tight like this and if it turns red – oh …..  His face fell because the Remembrall had suddenly glowed scarlet.
"You've forgotten something."