Want something more

You stood in the front of the bar.
Eyes staring at you like they're seeing your soul.
Deep breaths is what they've told you.
You really just want to run back to your car.
But you know you have to get through this small goal.
Your eyes landed on calming eyes that were staring at you too.

Earlier

"Please let me sing tonight!" You asked the bar owner desperately.

"I don't usually let people sing here." He replied.

"Why not?" You questioned.

"Because after people could get irate. Especially at a bar and they're all drunk." He rolled his eyes.

"I'm not scared of drunks." You laughed.

You knew you were somewhat lying. Drunks can make really unexpected moves. Either that be aggressive or sexual. But this is your first opportunity to sing. Do something you love.

"Fine, tonight in 3 hours. Don't be late." He walked off.

Inside you were like an exciting teenager wanting to jump up and down. But as the adult you are, you worry about the outcome. Drunk people, people booing at you, all the eyes. Worst case scenario a drink gets thrown at you. You wouldn't let your mind talk you out of this opportunity though.

_______________________________________

*Leon's pov, also 3 hours later*

It's been a rough day. Everyday is becoming that way though. I sat at the bar drinking my worries away. Nothing that whiskey can't drown.

"Heard about the bar having singers come back?" The bartender asked.

"No, I just hope they don't sound like seagulls squeaking." I replied

I come here so often that I know the bartenders well. Probably too well. It's surprising that I wasn't one of the first to hear this news. Maybe that's why people have been setting the small stage up.

"Any idea who it is?" I asked.

"Y/n L/n." The bartender answered.

"Never heard of them." I tilted my head.

"Actually a bit popular around here. Known for her singing and having dreams." He chuckled.

"Dreams?"

"Rumors are that they want action in their life. Not to go on tours, or sing professional." He explained.

"That's odd. If they're such a great singer why not want more?" I questioned.

"Who knows." He shrugged and walked away.

People suddenly went silent nobody dared to make a sound. Back up singers were walking out and standing on the stage. They all wore identical outfits for for a party.

"Can't change her, can't blame her, can't tame her." They sung

"Don't need no one, she can dance on her own." The main singer walked on stage.

That must be Y/n. Can't lie, there's a reason they're popular around here. Obviously didn't wear any crazy makeup that other fake girls wore. Outfit sparkles like she's a shooting star.  Fully drunk people were drawn by her making them seem drunken in a spell.

Once she stopped moving in front of the microphone our eyes met. Her e/c stared at me like she could see my soul. Which I hope she didn't see it. Nobody needs to know my demons. She was unlucky though because I could see her soul. Fearful, that's the emotion her eyes held. I could see further that it wasn't of me, I was the comfort in the large crowd. After the performance I want to see her more.

_______________________________________

She left right when she could. Her heels quickly tapped against the stairs and she went to the changing room. Standing up I grabbed my jacket about to leave.

"Go after her." The bartender smirked.

"What?" I tilted my head.

"Go knock on the door."

"You're terrible at love advice." I chuckled.

"I'm good actually, you didn't even say anything and I automatically knew." He smiled.

But even after what he told me I still left. I debated knocking on the door but deep down I know I'm not right for you. Opening the door to outside the chilly wind blew through my hair.

"Leaving that quickly?" A feminine voice called out.

_______________________________________
*Y/n pov*

I wouldn't allow him to leave so quickly. He drew my attention and calmed my nerves so quickly. The way his blue eyes were intense but gentle made me want more.

Rushing to the dressing room I changed as fast as I could. Now in my casual clothes I went after him. But he was grabbing his jacket from his chair. He's certain going outside, I'll catch him off guard. Leaning against the wall the door opened and he walked by.

"Leaving that quickly?" I asked.

"Had to much to drink I think." He turned around.

"You barely drunk anything. I'll pay." I smiled slightly.

"Suspicious that you're trying to get me drunk." He tilted his head.

How that made my heart race. His dirty blonde hair fell over his right eye perfectly. But now those blue eyes held playfulness.

"Want to see who gets drunk first?" He smiled holding the door open for me.

"Why not." I chuckled walking inside.

_______________________________________

835 words

Song used was "can't tame her" by Zara Larsson. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for voting! If you want any au or storyline comment! Also let me know if I should make a part 2.