Memories

Where was he? Leon couldn't answer that question. His mind was empty. What was he doing before being here? Something doesn't seem right.

"Y/n?" He called out.

But you were nowhere to be found. He remembers this place. Home. Before you and him were dating it was empty here. Nothing besides alcohol and the basic needs. Even then there wasn't much food. But now there is more furniture and photos decorating the place. Leon remembered the night as he picked one up.

It was on a cold night outside. Wind blew in your hair as you curled into yourself. Leon stood there unfazed by the cold wind.

"Can we go inside?" Your breath could be seen.

"It's not that bad." Leon replied.

"This is the way Leon copes." Chris chuckled.

"That's false." Leon rolled his eyes.

"Actually seems believable. Anytime you get bad news you walk outside staring into the distance." You smiled slightly.

"And everytime you follow me." Leon looked at you.

Your nose was red and you were sniffling. Makes sense when it's the middle of winter. Leon walked over and stood behind you wrapping his arms around you. Then a moment later he placed his head on the top of yours.

"Smile." Chris snapped the picture.

That's why Leon looked kind of pissed at the camera. His glare was so strong it even made himself chuckle. He placed the picture back down as he picked another up.

"Why are you here Claire?" Leon asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" She hooked her arm around yours.

"We're going to the mall." You answered.

"You wish I was here for you." She laughed at Leon.

"I wish you were gone." He glared.

"Don't worry Chris is on his way to pick you up." Claire smiled.

"Why is Chris coming over?" Leon was very confused.

"Because Y/n told me that you two have never been on a date! So me and Chris are helping you guys get ready." She rolled her eyes.

"It's really not necessary." You sighed.

"Be mad at Leon! He's the one not being a good gentleman."

"I've been summoned." Chris walks into the house.

"Knock next time." Leon glared.

"I don't need to when the door is unlocked." Chris shrugged.

It was a funny day. After you both had gotten ready Leon took you to his favorite bar. Which when you got home Claire was pissed at him. Leon began walking through the house more.

He made his way into the kitchen remembering how many times you've both cooked together. You were never a good cook compared to him. But in the kitchen you'd be the goofy one. You've smeared pancake batter on him many times.

The living room didn't have many memories. He barely spent any of his time in there. One memory stood out to him though.

"Where were you all night?" You asked.

"The bar." He replied.

"Of course you were." You laughed but it seemed more out of frustration.

"What did you expect? I've had a difficult time." Leon sighed.

"Who were you with?" You tilted your head.

"What?" Leon looked you in the eyes.

"You heard me. Who were you with?"

"Myself." He laughed.

"Leon Scott Kennedy. I'm not joking." You sat down on the couch.

"You must be, because I was alone." He replied.

"Chris sent me a photo."

"Of?"

"You with another girl." You showed the photo.

It was all a misunderstanding. But Leon made it worse because he was drunk. You were asking him too many questions at a bad time. He made it clear the next morning that she was just a bartender hitting on him. He's always wondered if Chris was spying on him after that incident.

Upstairs was where the most memories were held. Leon cherished every memory with you. All of them meant something special.

"Don't leave me here alone." Tears streamed down Leons face.

He's had a bad day. On the mission he lost someone and he can't stop thinking of the ways he could've saved them. It was breaking him on the inside.

"I won't ever let you go." You smiled at him.

He nodded in response as he wiped his tears away. Leon always felt weak when his emotions took over. They rarely ever did. You loved how he felt comfortable with you. Even Claire says she's never seen him cry or anything. The only common emotion he shows is anger or annoyance.

Leon took a deep breath as his head began to hurt. He remembered where he was before this. On a mission with Chris. But if he's home why aren't you? He was still puzzled on where you were. Leon couldn't shake the feeling of this not being right.

_______________________________________

*With Chris*

"It's Leon!" He spoke into the radio.

"What's wrong with him?" Hunnigan asked.

"He won't wake up." The panic was rising in his voice.

"We're on our way to pick him up. Y/n can't know about this." She ordered.

"No, I have alert Y/n." Chris stopped listening to the radio.

He dialed your number into his phone. His heart was racing while the phone rang. You'd be crushed to hear about Leon's state. He knew the promise Leon makes to you everytime he leaves.

"Chris..." You answered.

"I couldn't protect him. He's passed out or something!" He gulped.

"What happened?" You asked.

"I- I left to lure the zombies away and when I came back he's just laying on the ground unconscious." He explained.

"Is he injured?" You questioned further.

"Badly." Chris sighed.

"I'll be at the infirmary when he gets there." You hung up.

_______________________________________

941 words

Thanks for reading and voting! There will be a part 2, hope you enjoyed.