Ice cream days pt2

You could feel the pain in your lower abdomen. It was difficult to open your tired eyes. But once you accomplished it you didn't regret it. Leon was holding you bridal style and staring straight ahead. His cheeks and nose were still red from the tears earlier.

"How long was I out?" Your voice was raspy.

"Surprisingly not that long." He glanced down smiling.

"Put me down." You chuckled.

"Not until you gain enough strength. You still look tired from the blood loss." He replied.

Anytime you were injured he'd get stubborn also overprotective. It could be as simple as a paper cut and he wouldn't allow anyone to wrap it unless it was him. It's cute.

"Leon-"

"Shut up."

He put you down in a chair while he was trading with merchant. After he was done he closed his eyes as if he's lost in thought.

"I could've lost you." He mumbled.

"I'm sorry." You smiled weakly.

"That really comforts me." He glared at you.

"What else am I supposed to say?" You asked.

"Something about not letting it happen again." He rolled his eyes.

"I wouldn't want to lie to you." You replied.

If you reassured him about not letting it happen again you'd feel terrible about lying. Everytime he feels hurt those beautiful blue eyes show it. They show how much he's hurt. So you can't allow yourself to lie and him feel hurt about it later.

"I was scared without you." Leon looked you in the eyes.

"Good thing I'm here now."

_______________________________________

*A week after the mission is over*

You sat at the ice cream shop that you found. Leon was running late. Ever since the mission he's been running around doing things without you. The president has been wanting people to watch Ashley so that's where Leon spends most of his time now.

"Women." Leon sits down in front of you.

"What about them?" You asked.

"Do I really have to explain?" He tilted his head.

You laughed and licked your ice cream. It was cute how his bangs covered his right eye. He sat there doing his nervous habit. Biting his lip.

"What's wrong Leon?"

"You remember what you said before you passed out from blood loss?" He asked

"Yeah, I love you. Why?" You replied.

"I love you too."

He leaned over the table giving you a kiss on the lips. His lips tasted like sweet lemonade. Then after he pulled away he stole your ice cream.

"Hey!" You tried grabbing it back.

"What?" He took a lick.

"Give it back!" You pouted.

"Fine. I'll be right back." He gave your ice cream back and left.

You sat there waiting for him to come back. He's the one person who you enjoy their company. Leon came back with a chocolate milkshake. He held his hand out which you gladly grabbed. You both walked towards the sunset back to the hotel you were staying at.

_______________________________________

493 words

Thank you for reading and voting. Sorry this is short but I hope you enjoyed! Also if you have any ideas you'd like to read let me know.