The Chase

Ben's Pov

The endless halls of high school seemed like torture. Kids being tossed into lockers or getting their money stolen. I was just hoping that I could get down the hall and slip into class unseen. But the second I opened that door I was thrown to the floor by the biggest idiot to ever walk the earth. Frank.

"Where's my money loser?" Frank laughed.

The people around the hall watched as usual. When Frank chooses someone to bully witch is normally me it doesn't usually end well.

"Look I get it. A name like Frank well you have to be a bully or you'll be laugh out of the room." I said.

Frank and the entire school stared at me like I had a stroke. But it was too late to stop now.

"I mean if I had a name like that I'd probably get it changed. But you cling to the bully thing. Anyone call you Frankie? Yo Frankie! Frankenstein? Frankers? Probably not I mean the biggest bully in school probably doesn't know what it's like to have to deal with a bully. Unless it's your dad." I smirked.

"Are you insane?" Frank gasped.

"Nope. More like I'm tired of this whole routine. I get it Frank. They told you your brain isn't the right size to graduate I mean your reading on what? A kindergarten level? The same old bully act it's getting old. I mean lunch money? What is this the nineties? The year of some really crappy music and even worse hair styles." I scoffed.

He did the reasonable thing. Frank punched me in the stomach but there was something different. I fell to the floor and realized I was dizzy. I looked down and saw blood dripping onto the floor. My blood.

"If your so board by the old bully routine how about I change it up a little? Demigod." Frank smirked.

His hand wasn't a hand. It was a long golden blade. His body kept shimmering like one of those 3-d pictures you can't get to focus. On one side he was human. On the other he was some sort of really screwed up animal with blades for hands.

"So where are the others? I know there are three of you here. And no protector to save you. So sad." Frank laughed.

Demigod. He had called me a demigod. A half human half god. It was a Greek term. For Half-Blood. If I wasn't losing it and he was telling the truth. If the Greek gods where real then he was a chimera. Witch didn't bode well with me.

"Ah there you are. Too bad. I was kinda hoping to kill two sons. Guess I'll settle for two daughters and a son." The chimera smirked.

He was looking right at the two most popular girls in school. They couldn't be more different. One was the outgoing type and the other preferred to keep to herself. She was dark and cold. While the other was leading.

The dark one had black hair and dark brown eyes. She always wore a leather jacket and a t shirt with a pair of jeans and old warn out sneakers. That was Lena.

Kaylee was outgoing fun and just what you'd expect from a captain of the cheer team. She usually wore her cheerleading uniform and sneakers. Her dirty blonde hair usually up in a ponytail. Stormy dark blue eyes.

It didn't matter how different they where they where best friends. Always together. Some people thought they where sisters. But even they looked confused. It was clear they where seeing what I was. Why no one else was I didn't know.