The Promise

For weeks it seemed like all we did was train. Percy was pushing me to the edge everyday in both weapons and my powers over the sea. Kaylee was being trained by her brother Jason and Lena was training with Nico. We where being pushed to our limits because we all knew that something was coming. Something powerful and it was coming for us.

We finally got a break for the weekend. Friday's training with Percy finished late as usual so I took a shower and then snuck towards Kaylee's cabin. I knocked and she opened it pulling me inside. I saw Lena already sitting on one of the beds tossing a ball up into the air.

"About time!" Lena scoffed.

"Percy kept me late. So is it as bad for you as it is for me?" I asked.

"Yeah. Definitely." Kaylee sighed.

We all sat down on the lower beds laying down staring up at the celling.

"So what have you two learned?" Lena asked.

"I can summon lighting and a pretty big storm. But I can make my body electric. Jason mainly trains me with a sword. Although I think I prefer the lighting." Kaylee groaned.

"Percy has taught me a lot. I can summon the sea. Heal myself with it. But I don't need the sea. I can make it. I can make a tornado of water around me. I can make the earth shake too. But it's more of a last resort thing." I sighed.

"All I've learned is to travel in shadow. I guess you have had it worse. Although it is pretty cool." Lena smirked.

She disappeared and walked out of the corner. I started moving my hands around forming the water in the air. Kaylee was making sparks with her fingers.

"So this big threat. What do you think it is?" Kaylee asked.

I sat up. It was clear that people knew what we where dealing with but they wouldn't tell us.

"I don't know but Chiron seems afraid. Even that Mr.D guy has avoided us at every direction. Percy has told me about two wars. The titan war and the giant war. But he's never seen them this scared. It's bad. And whatever it is is bad." I sighed.

"Yeah. The titan war they fought time and the giant war earth. I wonder what could be worse then that?" Lena asked.

"Tartarus. The place where all monsters go. Percy spent a month maybe more in there and he almost died. It's the only thing I can think of. I mean like Gea and Kronos Tartarus is a being like any other. It is literally hell itself." I said.

We didn't say anything for awhile. The thought of fighting hell itself wasn't a great thing to think about.

"And if it is Tartarus all the monsters inside of him. Every last one of them. There must be thousands." Lena frowned.

"Billions according to Percy. But Percy is different then other demigods. He's done too many things. He's held up the sky. Beaten Ares in a fight. Beat Kronos. Fought two wars and won. Battled giants gods and titans. It'll be much harder for us." I sighed.

"Yeah. Your right." Kaylee sighed.

"I need you both to promise me something." I said sitting up.

"What?" Both of them asked.

"My entire life I've been alone. I've done everything alone. And whatever this is I don't want to do it alone. Whatever comes whoever comes we face it together." I said.

"Well duh. That's been the plan since day one." Lena said hitting my arm.

The door burst open. Jason stood in the door way gasping for air.

"You have to.. come to the war council. The great prophecy." Jason gasped.