Ben's Greatest Fear

Kaylee's Pov

Ben just beat the Syrian. How he broke her hold over her was probably the dumbest thing he's ever done but I rushed over as he passed out. Lena found a motel and rented a room with money Chiron had given us and we dragged him inside. I used the healing magic Chiron had taught me.

"What is it with guys and their need to protect us?" Lena scoffed.

"I don't know but it's annoying. Like we can't protect ourselves?" I laughed.

"Actually I was hoping to die before I reached the greatest fear part." Ben groaned.

"Good your awake. I need to shower. I think we all do. We'll leave in the morning." I said.

No one argued. It was still pretty unclear on who was supposed to lead this quest. I mean it was like the way Jason explained the quest of seven. Him and Percy where great friends but when it came to giving orders well it was just odd. Lena wasn't very interested in leading and I wasn't sure I was ready for it. Making Ben the obvious choice but if I had to take orders from him I doubt I'd listen.

I got out of the showers about the same time as Lena and we went into the motel room. Ben was cooking in the kitchen and it smelt amazing.

"You can cook?" Lena asked.

"Uh yeah. Sort of. When I was a kid I was for... never mind. Just eat." Ben sighed.

He made some pretty good burgers I will say that. Not like I'd actually tell him that to his face though.

"You two really brought those outfits for a quest?" Ben scoffed.

"Hey if I'm going to save the world I'm going to do it in style." I snapped.

He wasn't wrong. My shoes where killing my feet. My sneakers had broke a few days before we left so all I had left was my heels. Lena didn't seem better off with her sandals.

After we ate Ben passed out. Not that I could blame him. He drove then took on one of the hardest monsters for a male to defeat. Even after that he was only out for about an hour before making dinner for us.

"Get some sleep I'll take watch." Lena said.

I didn't have the energy to argue. I fell asleep on the empty bed. When I woke up Ben was watching tv and it was barely four in the morning.

"Why didn't Lena wake me?" I gasped.

"I was already awake we didn't see the point in cutting your sleep short." Ben shrugged.

"You need more rest. Your still hurt." I frowned.

"I'm not much of a sleeper. You should call your mom before we leave. I got a prepaid cellphone down at the store when I picked up some supplies." Ben said.

He tossed me the phone and I slid it back into my pocket. I wanted to ask him why he didn't call his parents but when I thought about it I didn't know anything about his family. Or him. I knew he was stubborn and what he was like but his past outside of school was a complete mystery. I let it slip out of my mind as I sat next to him to watch some tv.

"I'm going to grab some breakfast I'll be back." Ben stared when Lena woke up.

"Do you know anything about Ben?" I asked the second he was gone.