The Gift

Of all the things we thought it could be this was worse. And it would only get worse as time went on. The second we got to the council we knew it was bad. The faces of every camper looked like it was the end of the world.

"The great prophecy has been spoken. I shall repeat it. A child of each of the big three shall rise in the darkest of days when the pit begins to rise. The son of Poseidon shall face his worst fears. The daughter of Zeus will break. The daughter of Hades will breath her last breathe." Chiron said.

"That's not exactly a prophecy like we are used to. I mean it only tells us that well nothing." Annabeth scoffed.

I was looking at Lena and Kaylee. All of us knew who this was. I was right. It was hell itself. We didn't say anything to the other campers. We didn't want to scare them.

"It's obviously Percy's quest. Thalia and Hazel." Clarisse said.

"No. It's not." Rachel sighed looking right at us.

"It's ours." Kaylee said.

"No. You three are just new campers. Like we would put the end of the world in your hands." Clarisse scoffed.

"It's their quest Clarisse. It can't be Hazel she's the daughter of Pluto. Not Hades. And they came together. It's their quest." Annabeth said.

"How? They aren't skilled enough for a quest like this. Percy had at least four quests before the first great prophecy. They haven't been on a single one." Clarisse snapped.

"That doesn't matter. Since day one we've all known there was something different about them. That's why Nico was training Lena, Jason was training Kaylee and I trained Ben. They know everything about our powers we do. It's their quest." Percy said.

"Percy is right it is their quest. I can feel it. There's no point arguing it. The great prophecy has started. The three demigods have been chosen." Rachel stated.

The three of us went to our cabins to pack. We had no idea how long we would be gone. Or if we would ever return. The door opened to my cabin.

"What should I do Percy? How do I find whatever this thing is?" I asked.

"Follow the monsters. It always works for your brother. But you should start by going towards LA. Your path lies somewhere near there. That's where it will all become clear." The man said.

I turned around and saw a man who looked a lot like me and Percy. He was wearing a white t-shirt and a pair of blue swim trunks.

"Dad." I sighed.

"Hello Ben. You've grown. In more ways then one. I think your ready for this. I wasn't sure I'd be able to give you this gift yet but I'm afraid your going to need it." Poseidon said.

He pulled out a pen exactly like Percy's except it was a click pen not a capped one. Was it a sword like Percy's? He threw it to me and I caught it.

"Try it out." Poseidon smiled.

I pressed the pen and quickly moved my finger out of the way. A large silver  trident grew in my hands. It reached just above my head. At the end there was a large blade and at the top it was like a fork.

"It's amazing." I gasped.

I twisted the trident in my hands. It was perfectly balanced unlike the swords and knives and other weapons Percy had me use. The trident came naturally for me.

"It doesn't have a name like Percy's sword riptide but I'm sure you'll think of something. Be careful on this quest. Your greatest fears lay ahead of you. Not behind." Poseidon sighed.

The god turned to water and it blew out of the window. The trident shrunk back into a pen and I stared at it for awhile.

"Storm." I stated.

After naming the pen I thought about something. If I threw the pen would it come back to my pocket like Percy's? I decided to throw it and sure enough the pen appeared back in my pocket.

"Thanks dad." I smiled.