Chapter 87

Ash finds himself facing the formidable Sinnoh Champion, Cynthia, in an intense battle. Pikachu has already been defeated by Cynthia's final Pokémon, Garchomp. Cynthia has lost some of her trusted partners, including Spiritomb, Roserade, Togekiss, Lucario, and Milotic. Ash sighs, acknowledging his dwindling options, and mutters, "I see... I'm down to my last Pokémon."

The onlookers are stunned as Ash sends out a Latias, revealing that it possesses a Mega Stone. Cynthia gasps, "Ash? You have a Latias?"

"I do indeed," Ash replies with determination, "Now, let's focus on battling."

As the two Dragon-type Pokémon engage in combat with their Mega Evolutions, Ash observes Cynthia's strategy. Garchomp initiates a Dragon Rush, charging into the air like the well-known Z Move, Supersonic Skystrike. Ash can't help but wonder if Cynthia has studied the Dragon Duo for their signature moves. He quickly commands, "Latias, create a Mist Ball to shroud the entire field."

Following Ash's instructions, Latias conjures a deceptive Misty Terrain. Ash also directs Latias to employ Double Team, creating decoys that confuse Garchomp. In the end, Garchomp's attack misses, and it is forcefully slammed into the ground.

"This is it. Finish with Dragon Pulse," Ash declares, and Latias's attack strikes Garchomp, rendering it unconscious and reverting it to its original form.

Cynthia is astonished. "How...?" She struggles to comprehend how Ash has countered her strategy.

"Did you truly believe I wouldn't have a counter to a strategy I helped develop?" Ash retorts, his voice taking on a cold and mysterious tone, leaving everyone in disbelief. "After all, Dragon Prince Shin and I are the same person."

In the stands, Serena raises an eyebrow and asks, "Hold on, did Ash just reveal his true identity to the whole world?"

"But why is he doing this?" Mark inquires. "Brother created the disguises because he didn't want to be recognized by the world..."

Alice, deep in thought, recalls Ash discussing his plan to reveal one of their disguises due to suspicions that Cynthia's Garchomp might be using one of their strategies. She agrees with Ash's plan, though worry lingers.

After Goodshow escorts Ash to the Sinnoh Hall of Fame, Ash notices that Goodshow has ceased struggling, hoping that Ash will take charge and leave him out of the turmoil. However, Ash isn't ready to make that decision just yet. He has his sights set on defeating Leon and his mother, so the Pokémon League Association will rightfully be his.

Once everything settles, Cynthia decides to approach Ash with some questions. She inquires, "Is it true that you're the Dragon Prince Shin? And your wife..."

"Is the Dragon Princess Pauline, you're absolutely right," Ash confirms. "The fact that you're using our moves against us suggests that you truly admire them, doesn't it?"

Cynthia nods in agreement and continues, "But why did you create those disguises? Why assume fake identities?"

Ash explains, "Even though Team Rocket has disbanded, they continue to haunt me. Disguising myself brings me comfort, and we were asked by the Unova Dragon Clan Elder to become the new Dragon Duo as we inherited their weapons."

Cynthia sighs, her concern evident. "By the way, I heard from Lance that there's a powerful blizzard covering the entire Blackthorn City. He mentioned that the Dragon Prince and Dragon Princess are responsible for it. Is there any way you can stop the blizzard, if possible?"

Ash's expression tightens with a hint of frustration. "So Lance even sent you to talk to me, huh?" He pauses, gathering his thoughts. "I've already made it clear to him that the only way to halt the blizzard is for their entire clan to acknowledge their mistakes. If the blizzard persists, it means they haven't shown remorse."