Chapter 88

Ash sits at the table in his room, humming one of the songs by the Colors Band, lost in thought, until a knock on the door interrupts him. Alice enters the room, concerned, and inquires, "Ash? You've been in here for hours. What are you up to?"

"Oh, Alice," Ash responds, his face breaking into a warm smile, "I was just thinking about creating something special for you." He gently places a Ruby necklace around her neck. Alice gasps in surprise at the exquisite piece and says, "A Ruby necklace? The gemstone is so radiant and beautiful..."

Ash grins and replies, "I know, and it suits you perfectly because you bring brightness to my life."

"But where did you find this necklace? It must have cost a fortune..." Alice asks, curious about its origin.

Ash chuckles affectionately, "It is indeed quite valuable since I crafted it myself using Diancie's jewels. As for her whereabouts, let's just say she was in Allearth Forest, as Xerneas requested that I capture her along with a Carbink to serve as her companion. Do you like it?"

Alice is taken aback by Ash's thoughtful gesture, and she leans in to give him a kiss before saying, "You've just made me love you even more, which I didn't think was possible. It's incredibly sweet of you."

Ash's face lights up with excitement as he suggests, "You know, how about we establish our very own jewel store? It would be perfect for our Rock-type disguises."

Alice considers the idea and replies with a playful tone, "That sounds like a fantastic plan. Let's just hope our disguises won't be exposed to the public as quickly as the Ghost and Dragon ones were."

With their decision made, they create a jewel shop named "Jewelove," located in Mt. Silver within the Johto Region, renowned for its rich mineral deposits. They unveil their seventeenth disguises: Tom and Julia, positioning themselves as the world's foremost jewelry artisans.

One day, Ash gathers all of his Gym Leaders, Elite Four members, and their close associates, including Delia and others. Eve expresses her curiosity, "Why has everyone gathered here? Is there something important to discuss?"

Ash begins to explain, "Do you all recall how I borrowed your Key Stones? Alice and I have completed the processing, and we're returning them to you." He unfolds a sheet revealing the Key Stones embedded in elegant accessories.

Reisa is in awe and exclaims, "They're absolutely stunning! Did you really create these for us?"

"Indeed," Ash confirms with a proud smile as he displays the items.

The first accessory features a Mega Stone embedded in a Silk Scarf. Ash explains, "This scarf is crafted from the Silk Scarf material, woven together with care. Nate, feel free to choose one in your favorite color."

Nate gratefully accepts one and Delia looks puzzled, asking, "I thought Key Stones didn't have any differences..."

Alice clarifies, "You're right; Key Stones themselves don't vary. However, when we incorporate them into Type-enhancing items, they absorb the energy from those items. This is how some Pokémon become stronger when they Mega Evolve."

Ash adds, "Professor Sycamore shared this information with us, and he's one of the sponsors of this exhibit."

Moving on to the next accessory, they find a belt with a Key Stone attached. Ash continues, "For this one, as you can see, it's a Black Belt with a medal featuring a Key Stone. Mark, feel free to choose one. And for you, Max, I've modified your glasses to incorporate the Key Stone."

Max and Mark both nod in appreciation as they select their respective items.

The next accessory is a feather with a Key Stone attached at its base. Ash remarks, "This feather isn't just any feather; it's a Pretty Feather from a Swanna. It's perfect for Flying-type trainers and won't fall off when attached to the Sky Trainer Suit."