~Disband~

A young, blond wizard opened her door, hearing a rustle. Immediately, she thought of her two friends who barged in from time to time.
"You're in my room?!" She shouted, swinging the door open. Her expression of mock annoyance turned into shock, no one was there. A sealed envelope was placed on her table and she quietly opened the letter. "Whoa, this is bad handwriting!" She exclaimed. The letter was from her teammates and read:

Happy and I will go on a journey while training. We'll be back in a year or so. Take care of everyone!

Sorrow bubbled up inside of Lucy, her friends' departure made her terrified.
"How can you leave me? Don't you know how lonely I'll be, idiot!" She shouted, grasping the letter as she ran, teary-eyed through the ruined streets of Magnolia.

In The City

A small, old man stood, staring at a crater in the floor that once was home to a guild.
"Master, are we not going to rebuild it this time?" A tall, slender woman with pale hair asked, gazing at the gaping hole.
"Yes." He replied bluntly, much to the surprise of the young woman named Mirajane. A few other members stood aloof, making remarks and reminiscing about how the building was just refurbished.
"It's all over. Fairy Tail will now disband." Makarov mumbled emotionlessly, looking up.
Lucy ran directly into the conversation, hearing the announcement. She wanted to argue Makarov's decision, but the solemn look on her comrades' faces stopped her. She bit her lip, holding back tears.

A Few Weeks Later
Lucy checked her mailbox by her new home in Crocus on her way back from work. She had gotten a job as an underwear model for Sorcerer's Weekly and moved to Crocus for her work. She set the bills and letters one by one on her nightstand and stopped when she saw the Council's seal on one of the letters. Carefully, she took an envelope opener and removed the seal. Inside the letter was written on elegant stationary paper, it read:

Lucy Heartfilia,
We, the Council, have called a meeting and decided to give you the task of reforming a former Tartaros wizard. Jackal is currently imprisoned, however, he has agreed to attempt to change his attitude. One of our council workers, Levy McGarden recommended you for this position. You are welcome to decline, but realize that Jackal will be sentenced to death otherwise. If you choose to comply, come to the Council HQ in the Crocus branch.
Thank you,
The Council

Lucy's eyes widened, Jackal was the wizard that massacred the previous councilmen. She was conflicted, even Jackal didn't deserve death in her view. Her head was spinning, Lucy was reluctant to allow a former criminal into her home but also reluctant to allow him to be killed.
"Alright! I've decided! I'll give it a shot!" Lucy decided, determined. A strange sense of joy swelled in her chest, at least she wouldn't be alone!