~Unwanted Guest~

Jackal watched with disgust as the unwanted guest let themself into Lucy's peaceful home. The girl's short bobbed cut complimented her childlike complexion and her rabbit like ears that were perched high on her head. Jackal groaned is distaste and stood up to face the annoying intruder.
"What the fuck, Lamy, I thought you died." He said, clearly disappointed to see otherwise.
       "C'mon Jackal," Lamy's irritating laugh rang out, "You know you missed me!" Her wheezing giggle continued as Jackal glared at her.
"If you're planning on trying to get me to join a band of you and some other weirdos, I'm not interested." Jackal hissed.
"Awh, little Jackal's gone soft? Why? Because of this stupid blondie?" She teased, jealousy tainting her high pitched voice.
"Fuck off, I can blow your head off in a second." Jackal threatened, his hand glowing.
         "Now, now, you know you won't do that. One violent act and you're back in that stinky old jail cell. Fufufufufu." Lamy wheezed, taunting the demon. "Besides, you're not the only one who's being 'reformed'. I've been spending some time with a splendid wizard myself." She confessed.
         "Then what are you here for?" Jackal growled, unhappy with her prolonged presence.
         "You see? My time is up. I'm going back to the slammer. I killed that nice man, slit his throat in his sleep." The girl said, an eery smile stretching across her round face.
         "Are you serious? Well, good riddance." Jackal said, happy to know he'd never see this nuisance again.
"Jackal! You're so cold! I was kidding. It's just a joke! I've actually been 'fully reformed' I'm a free bunny!" She laughed nervously, hurt by Jackal's hostile attitude.
"Then why. Are. You. Here?" Jackal asked again, impatiently.
"Because! Jackal, think of the old times! Don't you think it's more appropriate that we demons stick together? After you're reformed, I mean. Think of the good times! Terrorizing wizards, besides, do you really think this blonde bitch likes you? You almost killed her just a few months ago!" Lamy reasoned, desperate to live with the mischievous demon. Jackal remained silent. It was true. He had hurt Lucy alot. More than once. For the first time since Lamy invited herself in, Jackal was at a loss for words. Would Lucy even want him to be around her? Does she even like him in their current situation? Jackal re-evaluated everything, and began to worry what his companion thought of him.
"Why am I so worried about what she thinks of me? It's not like I particularly like her... We were just forced into a situation where we have to spend time together."Jackal argued with his thoughts as Lamy stared at him intently.
"So..? What's your answer..?" Lamy asked, hesitant to hear his most likely harsh response.
        "I... I guess so?" He replied. As much as he despised the brat, he cared about Lucy too much to burden her with his presence longer than he had to. He also would prefer living with someone he knew opposed to on his own.
"Really?!?" Lamy asked, verifying what he had said. "She leapt on him, snuggling up on his chest as they both fell to the floor. The petite demon was strangely powerful, refusing to let her love get up.
        "Get the fuck off of me before I change my mind." Jackal hissed at her, causing her to scramble to her feet.
        "Well then, take this. Call me when you're reformed. fufufufufufufufu." Lamy squealed, handing Jackal a communication card before leaving peacefully through the door from whence she came.
        The next few hours passed painfully slowly, Jackal's heart racing, beating desperately against his chest. He couldn't get it to stop, all he could think of was Lucy and how much he enjoyed her company. Lamy's words kept coming back, haunting him.
While he was sulking, Lucy managed to sneak behind him.
"Boo!" Lucy shouted, placing her hands on Jackal's trembling shoulders. He didn't know it was possible, but his heart sped up even more.
"L-Lucy!" He exclaimed, turning to face the blonde. Cold sweat beaded and dripped down his face.
"Are you okay? Did I really scare you that much?" Lucy asked, wrapping her arms around Jackal. "Calm down." She commanded gently, whispering into his ear. His heart rate slowed to the normal rythmic tempo, and without thinking, he pulled Lucy tightly into a warm embrace. Lucy smiled at the friendly notion, surprised that Jackal had initiated it. She rubbed circles into his back soothingly and they remained in a hug for a few minutes.
The next morning, they received a rude awakening. The door was knocked on very violently, and Lucy opened it to find a group of councilmen waiting on her porch.
"Ms. Heartfilia, the deadline is here. We are here for the demon."

New Chapter!
Vote, Follow, and Comment!
I love you guys thank you for all your support!
I know I say it every time I update, but I really do appreciate you guys and I love chatting with you! ^^