~Be Good, Okay?~

I WAS GOING TO PUBLISH THIS A LONG TIME AGO LIKE I PROMISED, BUT WE MOVED AND DIDN'T GET WIFI UNTIL NOW! SORRY
I also made this chapter longer as a way of apologizing!

-----------------

At The Council

"Ah, Lucy Heartfilia! You've arrived!" One of the many Council workers called upon the blonde's arrival.

"Yep, it's me!" She called back cheerfully, smiling as she waved. The frog-like employee led her down a series of long hallways with ceilings that towered high above their heads. Painted portraits of upperclass councilmen decorated the marble halls, as Lucy's heeled shoes tapped steadily across the floor. Many twists and turns were taken until they reached an entrance with large, cherry oak double doors. Elaborate designs were engraved into the doors in gold, adding more intimidation onto Lucy's shoulders. Swiftly entering a few numbers on the keypad, the wooden doors flew open at the touch of a button. A young, short woman with blue hair and a tall, dark haired man stood behind the doors. These two council members were Lucy's comrades!
"Levy-Chan! Gajeel!" She exclaimed, leaping into her petite friend's arms.
"It's been awhile, Lu-Chan!" Levy greeted, hugging the ecstatic mage in return.
"Yo, Blondie. Gihi." The iron dragon slayer greeted, letting out a short chuckle.
"I know you were probably expecting the big guys to be here, but something came up, so I volunteered!" Levy explained quickly, identifying the vaguely confused expression on Lucy's face. "Now, let's get Jackal ready." She said, waving Lucy to follow her around the spacious room. The room was domed and was furnished with a large, dark oak round table amd chairs cushioned in a red, velvety material.
On the Chairman's special, custom made, luxurious recliner there was a keypad, similar to the one near the door which Levy entered a code into.
Rumbling shook the floor and the entire room quivered. One wall on the far side of the doors was slowly seperating into two large, slab-like doors. The dark hall was very unpleasant to look down. Holding a brightly lit lacrima, Levy and Gajeel led Lucy down the dimly lit passage. Both sides were lined with prison cells. Although many were empty, angry snarls of the prisoners could be heard occasionally. Their shoes echoed through the silent hall until they finally reached the last cell. When they got to the cell, Lucy spotted a silhouette of Jackal, his ears were folded down and he faced away from the former Fairy Tail wizards. Gajeel took out a ring with keys attached and fumbled, searching for the correct one.
"Your new caretaker's here." Levy said, greeting the moping demon. He turned his golden eyes toward Lucy, shocked.
"You're that girl who was with fireball and the blue cat!" He exclaimed, pointing at the celestial mage. Lucy looked down, reminiscing bittersweet memories with her closest friends and partners.
"Mhm..." Lucy said, struggling to smile as tears pricked at her eyes.
"How the heck do you think that this bitch can 'reform' me?" Jackal snorted, smirking as Gajeel pulled him out of his prison by his handcuffs.
"Don't try anything funny, I'll kill you." Gajeel warned seriously, removing the magic sealing cuffs from the demon.
"Thank you, Levy-Chan and Gajeel. Let's talk again soon!" Lucy bid farewell to her friends after being led back to the entrance.
"Okay!" Levy agreed, waving as her friend departed on her path to return home.
"Jackal, let's go!" Lucy said, allowing the golden haired boy to follow her, even at a trudging pace.
When they got to Lucy's city home, Jackal entered, weary of his new surroundings.
"You got a nice place here." He complimented in a mutter as Lucy walked in behind him.
"Thanks! Excuse the mess." She replied, tidying up after herself and neatly placing bag on her bed. "I don't have an extra mattress, so feel free to use my bed! I can sleep on the couch for the time being."
"Okay, whatever." Jackal grunted in a stubborn tone while Lucy grabbed extra blankets and pillows from her closet.
"Are you hungry?" Lucy asked as she came into the room that Jackal would be staying in.
"I guess so..." Jackal shrugged, dismissing Lucy's gracious offer. He was distracted by a picture by Lucy's bed on the nightstand.
"Hey... What happened to them?" Jackal asked, gesturing to the picture of Natsu and Happy. He asked in a soft voice, almost concerned in his own way.
"They're gone... They went to go train for quite some time..." She replied, keeping a straight face.
"Oh." He responded, and then stayed silent. Lucy walked out of the room to go cook dinner for the two. Happiness swelled in her chest, being able to cook for another person was something she hadn't done in a while.
After preparing stew and rice, she invited Jackal to the dining room. They ate in an awkward silence, tension floating in the food scented air.
"So... Do you ever miss your guildmates from Tartoras?" Lucy asked, breaking the silence.
"No, not really. We didn't have the same relationships your guild has, we were all usin' eachother, we only stayed in the same place 'cause we all wanted the same thing." He revealed, no emotion present in his voice as he finished his meal. Lucy sat, disturbed at the thought of using her friends.
"Thanks for the food..." Jackal grumbled before retreating into his makeshift room.
"No problem..?" Lucy called after him, questioning whether or not he heard her.
The moon soon rose over the city of Crocus, and Lucy prepared for bed. Before she climbed into her temporary bed, Lucy visited her guest. He was on her bed, flipping through the Sorcerer's Weekly magazines Lucy kept on her nightstand.
"Hey, ain't this you?" Jackal asked nonchalantly, pointing at a picture of the blond mage posing in revealing lingerie.
"I-It's a temporary job while I try to get a job as a journalist!" Lucy retorted, her face painted red in embarrassment. "I came here to invite you to accompany me tomorrow, but now I'm starting to think otherwise..." Lucy said in a pout, crossing her arms.
"Nah, I'll go." Jackal offered, continuing to flip through the volumes of magazines.
"W-Whatever... Good night now..." Lucy stuttered, still blushing as she walked into the living room.
"Yeah, good night." He said, not looking up from the magazine article he was reading through.
The two wizards fell asleep comfortably, occasionally mumbling or turning over. Jackal, however, did not sleep soundly. He woke up with a dry throat and quietly got up to get a glass of water.
As he crept past the living room, he felt something clutch his tail. Looking back, he saw a sleeping Lucy, gently grasping his tail, tears evident in her closed eyes.
"Don't leave, please... Don't leave me alone... N-Natsu..." She murmured. Jackal lightly made her release his tail, and kneeled by her.
"What the hell are ya dreamin' about, Blondie?" He asked her as she slept. He felt his face heat up as he examined her facial features.
What is this emotion? He thought to himself, confused. Jackal found himself leanining closer, and soon he felt her warm, minty breath on his face...