~Secrets~

Recap:
Behind a fabric scroll mural across her wall, a bulletin board peeked out from the corner. Quietly, Jackal took down the mural and discovered something that sent a pang of an unknown emotion through his chest. He found a tear drip from the corner of his eyes.
"So, you found it?" Lucy asked, looking down at the floor as she bit her bottom lip.
Lucy stood in the doorframe, her eyes shadowed by her hair.
"What is this?" Jackal asked, the pang of emotion still racing through his veins. Lucy looked up, a stressed smile on her pale face.
"Nothing, really." She lied, her lips upturned in a fake smile. "Just a few parts for a book I'm writing..." Lucy said, extending her lie.
"Doesn't look like that to me..." Jackal grumbled, disbelief evident his voice. The bulletin board displayed various apologies to people and a will, handing down her belongings to Levy and many charity programs.
"Listen, it's nothing. Really." She promised, biting her bottom lip a bit harder. "Just don't worry about it... Please." Lucy pleaded.
"Don't worry about this? How can you be so selfish? There are people that'd miss ya', you know? And you're going to just leave me?" Jackal rambled on frantically, waves of emotion overtaking him. Tears streamed down his chin and his ears drooped.
"Jackal..." Lucy said his name quietly, guilt creeping over her. She steeped towards the demon and wrapped him into a tight hug. "I promise. I won't leave you." Her voice shook as she began to cry too, the pair had become exceptionally close and trusting of eachother. Jackal pulled the blonde mage closer, his eyebrows furrowed.
"We still got a dog to help, ya' know?" He sniffed, trying to brush off the dark discovery he had just made. Lucy mumbled an acknowledgement and broke away from the hug. They dried their tears and made it back to the living room with the first aid kit.
After dressing the dog's leg, they slept in the living room together, Lucy on the couch and Jackal on his hammock with Yuki.
They fell silent as they attempted to fall asleep, the silence being broken by Jackal's tired voice.
"Hey, Blondie, are you sad because of those Fairy Tail bastards?" He asked softly.
"It's not their faults, I-I just miss them I guess..." Lucy replied after a slight hesitation.
"That flameball?" He inquired more, remembering how close they seemed when he first encountered them. When Lucy stayed silent, he knew he was right.
"I promise, I'll help you find them." Jackal offered, unaware that the mage had fallen asleep.
In the morning, the roommates prepared for the day, now perfectly in sync after being with eachother for a while. They headed to town, posting 'Found Dog' posters everywhere. While posting flyers, they saw a sign for fireworks. Lucy pointed to it excitedly, gasping.
"Wanna go?" She asked, almost begged, her eyes shining gleefully. Jackal's face heated up significantly and he nodded, putting on a facade of stubbornness as he agreed in a stutter.
"Alright!" Lucy cheered, hugging Jackal immediately. She found herself blushing madly as she broke away. "Sorry I just got really happy..." Lucy apologized, looking away bashfully. Jackal's face was also scarlet as he assured her that he was fine.
   The day went by very fast, the sun beginning recede behind the city. Jackal and Lucy made their way to the park, Yuki on a leash just in case her owners appeared. The soft grass in the park made a cushion underneath the blanket the pair had laid out, gently supporting their weight as they impatiently awaited the fireworks' start. Lucy began to doze off, her head leaning on Jackal's shoulder and Yuki curled up in her lap.

Sorry for the short chapter, i just wanted to get something out there for you guys so you know im still here!! Im also not going to update for a while, because im planning on writing all of the chapters than publishing once a week once im done! I am starting a new story with original characters though because its something I always wanted to do :)