Chapter 25

Scott's POV

It has been a week since I have lost my child, and I still feel like I could cry all day.

Philip is very sad too, and I know that papa feels really bad about what happened, since it's most likely his fault, because he made me very stressed.

But I don't blame it on him, I would have if he had intentionally hit me, but I know that he didn't want anything like this to happen, so I won't blame it.

I also think that he blames himself enough, so I shouldn't put more on him  while he already feels very bad about what happened.

Philip haven't said a word to papa since the incident, I know that he's very angry with him, and I told him that he can't hit papa no matter what, because then he will remember that he wanted to put him in the cellars.

So, Philip decided to just stay in my room, and he doesn't really leave it.

Papa also allowed my family to come back here, and he has told dad and Mason about what happened.

"Are you hungry?" I ask Philip.

We are currently cuddling, and I'm very comfortable, but my stomach is demeanding food.

"A little bit." He tells me.

"I will get us some food then." I say, but he shakes his head.

"I will go with you." He tells me.

I nod in agreement, I would have told him that it's not necessary, but I know that papa isn't in the house, so it's a good occasion for Philip to finally get out of my room.

When we get downstairs, I take a few things from the fridge, and we go to the dining room to make a salad.

Dad joins us after a while, and he sits next to me, but he looks at Philip, who looks to be deep in thoughts.

"How are you feeling?" Dad asks, but Philip doesn't seem to realise that dad is asking him, not me.

So, I touch his hand, and he looks at me with a curious frown.

"Dad asked you if you're fine." I tell him, so he looks at dad.

"I will be alright." Philip tells him, and then he goes back to his salad.

Dad doesn't look to convinced, but he just nods in acknowledgement, and then he looks at me.

"Carter feels very bad about what happened." He tells me, for about fifteenth time.

"I don't really blame him, I know that he didn't intend for this to happen, so he should stop blaming himself." I say, and then I turn back to my salad, so I can finish it.

But my eyes catch the fact that Philip is gripping his fork with almost enough force to break it, which makes me think that he doesn't agree with what I said.

I put my hand on his back, then I massage it slightly to calm him, and it works quickly.

So, I start to eat my salad again, while dad says that he has to go back to the living room to watch the kids.