Hans Capon And His Bow.

Anna was still injured and her body needed rest, but she didn't want to sleep as she had been sleeping for a week already and had just woken up from sleep. So after Radzig left, she glanced around her room. She looked at her bed, which was obviously made of very quality fabrics. Then at her desk, it was nicely placed in the corner of the room. It looked very pretty. The room wasn't very big, but it looked quite nice. It didn't matter to Anna though. She wouldn't be happy if she lived in Wenceslas's palace now, even as queen. It wouldn't help if you gave the world to someone who has lost their loved ones and has no reason to live.

She sighs and walk at the her desk. She sits slowly. And she started to think. About everything. What should she do now? How can she live from now on? What's her purpose on life? So much question...

Then she opens drawr and saw some papers and pencil. She took them and thinks again. She used to like to write somethings. Maybe trying again will help clear her head. She also took the bottle of wine on the corner of the table and started drinking like a drunk without even needing a glass. She wrote something for hours accompanied by wine. A little song, a little poetry... Spending her time on these made her a little bit happy.

meanwhile Radzig.

When Radzig left Anna, he went to his room first. They needed the map to plan their next steps with Sir Hanush. That way, they could devise tactics to fight the cumans. Now, however, he wanted to spend his time comforting Anna and holding her in his arms... But duty calls.

Radzig took the map from his room and started walking through the corridors of Rattay castle. He reached the main hall and sat next to Sir Hanush. They had a lot of things to talk about and work out. To protect Rattay, the refugees Radzig brought with him, how they will fight against the cumans... They had to discuss these for hours and reach a common decision.

In the evening Radzig has a desire to go to Anna's room, but he does not. He thinks that if he goes to her room every night he can scare her. He needs to give this young girl some space and let her live her pain. That's why he goes to his room after his discuss with Hanush is over. He takes a deep breath. He takes off his brown jacket and red scarf and hangs them. He goes in front of the mirror standing in the corner of his room. He feels he is getting older. His body, his face... He's almost 40 now. He doesn't feel as confident and strong as he used to. And he starts to think... Why would a young and beautiful girl like Anna want him? Does he really have a chance and a future with her?

Radzig feels stupid for having these thoughts. Only when he is very lonely do such thoughts arise. On a normal day, he looks very confident and invincible. But sometimes... these thoughts come to his mind involuntarily. He realizes that he is no longer as muscular as he used to be. He touches the wounds and aching muscles of being in constant war for years. He then goes to bed and lies on his back. He begins to dream of his beautiful Anna. He imagines her massaging him with her beautiful and delicate hands and saying nice words, touching his sensitive areas... This made Radzig smile, and warmed his heart. He wanted more than anything to be with her right now. But then he gets under the covers and closes his eyes.

Next Day

Anna had been drinking a lot last night. She spent the whole night with wine and fell asleep. And it was not healthy at all. She wasn't eating properly, she was just getting drunk to forget her pain. Anna wakes up in the morning with a sore head. She had almost finished two bottles last night and now she was in a nasty mood. She gets out of bed and looks at the basin by her bed. It is filled with water that the servants put in it. Anna splashes the water on her face a few times and tries to sober up. Then sits down at the table with her personal belongings. She looks in the mirror and looks into her red eyes, swollen from crying.