Chapter 14| Mental Break

| Gaston |

   "OH! Okay, Evie, I cannot breathe," I says standing before my friend who is putting me in my dress for Cotillion. The dress is a beautiful yellow floor length ballgown, the bottom of the dress fades into a soft blue color and the top has small red roses. 

   "Well, you can breathe after cotillion," Evie says, smiling at me as she pulls the dress tighter and adding pins to hem the dress. 

   "Well, I sincerely doubt that. I have at least twenty more events directly behind it, and I can't even remember what a single one of them is," I stress, my hands rubbing together. I glance at her sweaty palms and rub them on the dress.

   "Impeccable," Evie smiles looking at me. 

   "Evie?"

   "Hmm?"

   "Do you ever think about what we'd be doing if we were back on the isle right now?" I glance at the mirror in front of me, the view of me in this dress stands tall, and I'm scared. I see my shaking hands in the mirror and frown. 

   "That's funny. Ah! Look who's on TV!" Evie smiles turning to the television in their room. 

   "As Ben and his royal best friend," Snow White starts shaking her shoulders when saying 'royal best friend', making me let out another nervous laugh. "-continues their tour of the kingdom, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine. Six months ago-"

   "Yeah," I smile sadly, "best friend."

   "No one thought King Ben and his lady-in-waiting from the wrong side of the bridge would last."

   "Yeah, no kidding."

   "Y/n must be counting down the days until the Royal Cotillion where she will officially become a lady of the court."

   "I don't think I can do this Evie. I think I'm going to pass out," I step down from the pedestal that I had been standing on and starts pacing around the room. 

   "Hey," Evie grabs my shoulders stopping me from moving, staring at me. "You are doing amazing and if there are hiccups, we will all be there."

   "But he doesn't even love me, I thought that maybe when I-" I stop talking, my hands wringing again as I break from Evie's grasp. "I just don't know how to do all this. I'm scared E."

   Evie watches me pace more and reaches for her phone, she texts Ben explaining part of the situation. Evie had come to realize that I was only just now getting the love and affection that I needed, Ben being the one to give it most of the time. 

   There is a small quiet knock at the door, I was still pacing my hands wringing more. The dress I'm wearing flows softly behind me. Evie walks over and opens the door, she sees Mal standing there.

   "Ah, well someone is here." Mal glances at Evie with a questioning look. Evie moves aside letting the purple haired female in.

   "Oh, dear," Mal says seeing me pacing around. The soft sound of my voice the only thing flowing through the air for a few moments as the two watch me from the door.

   "I already texted Ben, he should be here soon. I can't get her out of that dress though and she doesn't want him to see it yet, mind helping?" Evie smiles.

   "Gladly," Mal performs a simple spell putting the dress on a rack with the others and putting me into my normal outfit, a simple yellow dress. "There all better," a knock rings through the room again, "and just in time."

   "Ben! Thank you for coming so quickly, she's having a small melt down," Evie says seeing the boy in the doorway.

   "Oh? May I come in then?" Ben asks. Evie steps aside letting the boy in, he goes and stands next to Mal, who is still watching me pace through out the room, mumbling nonsense. "Oh, this seems pretty bad." 

   "Well, we didn't want to make it worse," Mal states. Ben sets his backpack down on my bed and walks over to me. 

   "Y/n?" Ben asks cautiously. My pacing doesn't stop. He walks over to me just as I turn to go back towards him, he grabs my arms gently. "Y/n, are you okay?"

   I glances at him before going red, my palms immediately getting sweaty again. "Ah! Ben! When did you get here?" I asks as calmly as I could. 

   "Not too long ago, what's got you in this cycle?"

   "It was the news, Snow White talking about the dinner we had with Aladdin and Jasmine. They were really nice, and I was a total mess. But she then said-" I began to ramble. Ben stood holding my arms, his eyes watching my eyes as I looked everywhere but him. He glances over at Evie and Mal both mouthing 'she's stuck again'. Ben turns back to me as I stand in front of him, "-and all I could think about was if I hadn't left then my brother probably would be in a good-" Ben cuts me off laughing softly. "Why are you laughing? What did I do this time? Was it the boots?" I glance down at my shoes, "I knew I should have worn something else."

   "No," Ben says softly "You are rambling again, not that I don't find it cute. You're going on and on about something you can't possibly know how it would go down. Listen, you are here, with me, in Auradon. Your father is on the Isle, away from you. There is no need to worry so much."

   I stand looking into his eyes,  sighing softly. "You are right."

   Ben smiles, "See, now how about we go get some food in you." my eyes light up at the mention of food.

   "A man going for my heart I see," I laugh. Evie and Mal watch us as we grab our bags leaving the room. 

   "Well, I for one think that they should just kiss already," Mal says.

   "Then they would be rushing this beautiful friendship they already have. Plus, I don't think she's ready yet. Maybe in a few days once the cotillion hits, then she'll be ready," Evie smiles at Mal.

Dear Ben,

   Thank you, for always being there for me and being able to calm me in the worst times. You truly are my best friend and I could never live with out you. 

Lots of Love,

Y/n Gaston