1

It's been three years since we destroyed the remains of Hydra, getting rid of decades' worth of research and anarchy. We were all hesitant when the dust had settled. Were they gonna grow back like another head? What if we missed more facilities?

What if we did all of that for nothing?

It was a notion that haunted us daily. It was like skating on thin ice, waiting for something bad to happen.

But they're gone. Not a whisper, nothing.

Well, that's a lie. There were murmurs, so we nipped that in the bud as soon as we got a whiff. Everyone was just so...done.

Done with fighting, with killing, and just with avenging. Some people, like Steve, thrive on having orders and missions and all that. Natasha's the same, she can't let go.

There's nothing wrong with that. But I'm tired. I'm done.

I also have a kid now, so there's that factor as well.

Peter Barnes turned one a few months ago. As soon as we found out I was pregnant, Bucky would not let me leave the house. He was adamant that I stay home and cook our bun in the oven.

It took us so long to actually conceive a child, that I think he was terrified of losing it. I almost killed Bucky. A lot. Between the hormonal changes and mood swings I definitely could have killed him.

Petey is...his mother's son. He doesn't shut up. But Im not even mad.

He's a wild child already and he's barely one. I just know we'll have our hands full...and there's another on the way.

My husband doesnt know. Nat doesnt. Steve doesnt. No one. Im about to start my second trimester and Im scared to death that something will happen. It was just so hard to get Peter...that I don't want to get my hopes up with this one.

I'm not really showing, just a little pudge on my stomach but it can pass as normal weight gain.

I've got another bun in the oven, almost four months pregnant by now. No nausea, thank god. The only odd craving I've had is carrots with nutella. Which is weird because during Pete's pregnancy, the smell of anything chocolate made me barf. Which was awful because I freaking love chocolate.

Anyways, back to the present. Nat agreed to watch Peter, so that Buck and I could enjoy some time to ourselves. We traveled across Europe for a few weeks, and are now finishing in London.

We're enjoying a great lunch at this little cafe when I start to feel a rumble. My eyes dart to my husband who stares off into the distance with the ghost of a smile on his face.

He doesnt feel it yet. It might be because I'm more in tune with the Earth.

But then it gets bigger and Bucky's brows pinch together.

"What is that?" He turns his gaze to me and I look up and the building we're next to.

The ground jerks hard and I stand abruptly dragging Bucky with me. I pull him to the wall and and kneel to the ground, putting my fingertips against the cobblestone.

"What are you doing?"

"Stay against the wall it's stable. I'm gonna try and settle the Earth."

As the rumbling grows, a few screams are heard and people usher others into safe spots. I push my magic within the ground and picture a net spreading through the Earth, holding it together.

A second later, the rumbling stops.

A short, but hefty quake.

I wipe off my jeans and stand, looking at Bucky. His hair longer, curling behind his ears.