2

"Run!" I yell at the same time as Sersi tells Dane to run.

Sersi speeds forward and slams her fist into the ground, changing the pavement into a substance that temporarily traps the Deviant.

"Tal, what the hell is going on?" Bucky rushes to my side.

"You and Dane need to run." He sends me an astonished look. "I'm serious, help him. He doesnt know this world."

"Let's go." Sersi calls us over and we start running away from the monster.

"What is that thing?" Dane asks.

"A Deviant!" Sprite responds

"You said you killed them all!" Dane yells, making me confused. I thought he didn't know about the Eternals.

"You told him that?!" Sersi yells at Sprite.

"You believed me?"

"I do now!"

"This is very much not good." I tell Bucky.

"I'm expecting a full explanation later, because I'm clearly missing something."

A loud growl causes me to turn and look over my shoulder.

"Guys, we need to move. That didn't hold it for long." I throw my hand out and pull roots from the ground, making them twist up and around the Deviant.

I stop and focus my attention on it.

"Tal come on!" Sprite calls out.

"Go, let me slow it down! Ill catch up!"

I raise my hands and tighten the roots around the Deviant, locking it in place as it releases a deafening roar.

"Okay, time to go." I mumble as I turn, seeing Bucky. "I told you to go!" I yell at him as we start running.

"Since when do I ever listen! Shut up and move your ass!"

We book it and come up behind the trio ahead of us. Another roar breaks through the quiet and I stagger to a stop as the Deviant breaks through the roots.

"Cant you just burn the damn thing?" Bucky asks me.

"She cant! Only our energy can kill them." Sprite explains as Sersi runs towards the monster and swiftly heads up to the main street.

"Keep Dane safe!" She calls out.

"Sersi! Wait...what?!"

Sersi gets the Deviant's attention and it swings up onto the street to follow her.

I look at Sprite, and then we look at the men next to us.

"They're fine."

"Yup," I agree. "Let's go."

Sprite follows after Sersi as I push up into the air and follow after her. We catch up to her and Sprite creates illusions of the three of us to distract the Deviant. I sense the real Sprite and trail after her, my hands out ready to do something.

I see Dane across the road urging people to safety, and I speed up as I meet the creature's eye.

"It knows where we are!" Sprite calls and I break into a sprint.

"How?" I ask.

"I don't know!"

I gasp as the long tentacle things hit Sprite, causing her to fall. Quickly, I form a ball of fire and send it at the Deviant.

It roars as the fire hits it and I reach out to pull Sprite back. I jerk back as something comes flying from the side and knocks the Deviant off its feet right into a tattoo shop.